V1 & V2 speeds

johnm

I'm more not looking forward to performance and loading on the 727, considering my chances of ever flying one are absolutely zero. Having said that, I wouldn't say no to having a go flying it if the chance ever did miraculously come up.

This thread is just really making me dread doing ATPL theory, it just sounds really complex. So many ifs, buts maybes and grey areas in general.

It's not that bad once you study the material and drawn some diagrams!

I need some wake-up pills. Just saw this post and thought it might be about the German WW2 rockets. Going back to bed.

Well in that case, the correct decision to make as V1 approaches is to run away. As V2 approaches, run faster.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Well in that case, the correct decision to make as V1 approaches is to run away. As V2 approaches, run faster.

It's going to be very interesting to see how many people on here actually know what you mean. One of the funniest things I have read in quite a while.

• Like 2

Actually, as a 2 y.o. I heard a V1 coming and my mother threw me and my siblings into the Anson shelter in the back garden. I remember the pulse jet stopping and the explosion a mile or two away. Of course, I didn't realize at the time what was happening but for some reason, it's stuck in my mind. This morning's error could be due to the mini stroke I had 2 weeks ago. All's well I'm happy to say, just a little weak in the legs.

Your doing better than me to remember anything from when you were 2, I can't remember a single thing and it was only 25 years ago. Having said that, I don't think anyone was lobbing bombs and rockets etc at me when I was that age. Good chance you probably had a few more moments of significance at that age than I did.

1604186596_VEDayCelebrations2.jpg.394e867b5bdffb74c8b4147a375f9e32.jpg Long term memory is good, but what I did yesterday is a bit fuzzy. I also remember a parachute coming down nearby and the bloody hot summer we had that year, 1944. Photo is VE day party. My mum in white standing behind me (leaning back), my sister and younger brother to my left.
  • Like 2

Guest Howard Hughes
I'm more not looking forward to performance and loading on the 727, considering my chances of ever flying one are absolutely zero. Having said that, I wouldn't say no to having a go flying it if the chance ever did miraculously come up.

The type is not important it's the concepts that you are learning, all aluminium tubes are the same in that respect!

I remember the V1 shutting off and I ran like mad back to the farm buildings. Through a barbed wire fence. Still got the scar to prove it. It landed in the nearby village vacarage, killing several, but what I remember most is the tree leaves falling for about half an hour.

Guest Howard Hughes
It's going to be very interesting to see how many people on here actually know what you mean. One of the funniest things I have read in quite a while.

Old enough to know what they are, young enough to have never had the misfortune to hear one! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif