Goodbye ol friend

flyerme

Was a sad day yesterday as I said goodbye to an old loyal friend..,

My lady Lea. ( LW-1 lightwing sold 6 weeks ago) It was finally picked up. I took new owner fir a fly but in reality was enjoying the lady and my last encounter..

We had many a awesome adventure over the 200+ hrs she gave me and I'll miss her but now the future awaits. New project in the works. ( to be announced in good time)

At present flying the nieuport most days and just starting a new build. A Hangar Build. Yep building a 12 x 7 mtr ENCLOSED Hangar. With floor :)

And working on a 4-500 mtr runway :) As apposed to the current 300 mtr.

Ps ... The Lightwing was trailered home. Not fun pulling down image.jpg.7ce7c29cab399af6523ebc34b2de2da2.jpg

image.jpg.1dc8080e5ff8f68b39da53a621150bf0.jpg

• Like 4

If I am not mistaken Flyerme I think that lovely lightning will be calling the YQDI area home:thumb up:

Lloyd has been excited about bringing it up this way so I reckon it won't be too long and I will have some photos of it at one of our Quirindi fly days:yes:

We had tried to talk him into flying it home but he was a bit concerned with lining up the weather and fuel for such a long trip and he didn't want to find himself with 'gethomeitis' especially in a new plane, which I think was really a smart decision.

• Agree 1

If I am not mistaken Flyerme I think that lovely lightning will be calling the YQDI area home:thumb up:Lloyd has been excited about bringing it up this way so I reckon it won't be too long and I will have some photos of it at one of our Quirindi fly days:yes:

We had tried to talk him into flying it home but he was a bit concerned with lining up the weather and fuel for such a long trip and he didn't want to find himself with 'gethomeitis' especially in a new plane, which I think was really a smart decision.

Unfortunatly I couldn't get time myself to fly her over for him. :(. She should arrive late this arvo.

Sad times indeed Tim, I'll be the same when the Bulldog finally goes. Not planned as yet but I'll see how the Explorer turns out, nothing but awesome I reckon. I remember when I picked up the Bulldog the previous owner couldn't hang around when the container doors were closed and sealed. I feel one gets more attached to an airplane than a car.

On a brighter note, 4 - 500 mtr for your new airstrip is cool but couldn't you make it 600 haha! Only joking.

New hanga and airstrip! you have some work ahead of you. Maybe some flyins and working bee's would help.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Winner 1

Sad times indeed Tim, I'll be the same when the Bulldog finally goes. Not planned as yet but I'll see how the Explorer turns out, nothing but awesome I reckon. I remember when I picked up the Bulldog the previous owner couldn't hang around when the container doors were closed and sealed. I feel one gets more attached to an airplane than a car.On a brighter note, 4 - 500 mtr for your new airstrip is cool but couldn't you make it 600 haha! Only joking.

New hanga and airstrip! you have some work ahead of you. Maybe some flyins and working bee's would help.

Steve

Agree there Steve, 600m would be better!! (For me that is). Looking forward to seeing your explorer up in the air one day too.

Sad day tim, but excited to hear about your project in the works. And that is a massive Hanger. How did you get that approved (My finance manager / boss would never approve of that)

• Like 1