Draft Constitution (Final Draft)

shags_j

2. self administration of issue of certificates for pilots and airframes does not mean that you necessarily have a need or obligation to undertake investigation of breach of rules and regulations that are not under the control of the organisation and for which the organisation has absolutely no power to either investigate or prosecute.

In the current extravaganza everyone has forgotten about the missing rules and regulations which you CAN enforce, and those can put individuals out of the flying business before they die [note, not as bad as being killed], or before they hurt someone, or before they damage an aircraft, or before they misuse an aircraft. It's Compliance and Enforcement, the elephant in the room, which will quickly become apparent after a couple of successful lawsuits.

The enforcement step up from that IS ensuring that CASA regulations are complied with, because you are negligent if you don't. How you do this is up to you, but clearly the preferred path would be to refer any evidence for CASA to p[rocess and take appropriate action. This is not unlike the Security industry, and other incorporated associations like the Sporting Shooters etc.

Clearly, you don't want a Gestapo operation, where no one does anything but micro manage members, and this is where Compliance comes in, and one of your friendly locals administers regular aircraft inspections, skill levels and behaviour, as is being done successfully by other associations.

It might be nice if RAAus management and board sat back and worked out what is actually within their existing powers and restrict operations to those and IF there are areas that they legitimately need to have power over then they need to change the legislation to actually give them the authority ... and if CASA are not happy with the withdrawal of investigation/regulation in areas not within RAAus actual power they need to stand up to CASA and say 'sorry, not my power, you have it and you must exercise it'

I believe CASA actually did that on 2010, and if there is a major joint claim against CASA and RAA, My money will be on CASA having been found to have acted responsibly, leaving RAA with the full cost.

Certainly I believe the current board should forget the fancy titles, self-remuneration, and should sit down and ask themselves, as a self administering body, what their powers are under the exiting constitution, and what powers they and their predecessors have forgotten to put into the Constitution before ANY action is taken to exchange the existing constititution let alone morph into a Company, which has its own cost issues, and still doesn't absolve people with fancy titles from criminal negligence.

• Agree 1

And the first cab off the rank for RAAus to deal with on past activity of exceeding their powers and exercising things they had no authority to do should be the various MTOWs approved on EASA microlights at >450kg when the legal limit for the pathway was 450kg ...

• Winner 2

oh for christ sake will some one put up the deed off arrangement between casa and raa so as everyone can read it this shit has gone on for to long

may be some are so stupid they may not be able to read 111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif097_peep_wall.gif.dcfd1acb5887de1394272f1b8f0811df.gif

kasper what in world have you done let the cat out off the bag I have said that before got told don't make waves neil

• Agree 1

Oh Storchy ... or I could point out things like the fact Tech Manual on the RAA website has not been correct for the past 12 months ... Darren B got an Amendment to the rushed through release of Tech 9.1 on regn markings to address the drafting issues I pointed out that meant there were no regn marking requirements for my aircraft ... and got that past CASA and has left the original (not applicable) 9.1 up on the site for the past 12 months ...

The CURRENT - per letter from Darren - Tech 9.1 that will appear in the new tech manual (when released) reads as follows (colour not mine but Darren's from his letter to me back on 30 April 2015):

upload_2016-4-18_10-55-53.png.25e84f7cd3388295c6ed6fbeec79e030.png