Hi All from Port Macquarie

Archer2

Hi RodWelcome to the site, I am sure you will get some good stuff out of it

Cheers

Alf

Thanks Alf, safe travels to Dubbo. It was good to meet you & Sharon. Cheers, Rod.

• Like 1

Nev

Nice man Archer2

I'm sure he will fill us all in on his flying life as after meeting him in the caravan park we stayed at I didn't get a lot of time to chew the fat so to speak as we were busy

Had a nice chat with Rod and his wife before leaving but it just wasn't enough

Got him on this site though

• Like 3

T

Welcome Rod. I know the place well. Used to fly a Tiger Moth to there, from Newcastle in the 60's. Tell us about your flying. Nev

Thank you Nev for your welcome.

I started my flying instruction when I was 18 at Gloucester & Taree, NSW.

Later achieving my PPL & then my RAAus licenses. I have enjoyed my flying immensely over the years.

My wife, whom I met when I was 15 & she was 13 have enjoyed flying over most of eastern Australia in a Piper Archer 2 in which we were shareholders & a Cessna 172 XP.

I have just recently completed my Biannual on GA & RAAus. Hoping to continue flying until I am at least 70, which is only 3 years away.

Regards, Rod.

• Like 1

I'm thinking there is a few more good years in you after 70 for flying Rod, that is of course if you keep to the coastal warmth of Port Mac and not the frigid inland areas of NSW like we are

Alf

• Helpful 1

I'm thinking there is a few more good years in you after 70 for flying Rod, that is of course if you keep to the coastal warmth of Port Mac and not the frigid inland areas of NSW like we areAlf

Hi Alf, Going by the weather charts it appears to be freezing around Dubbo & south of there!!!

Safe travelling. Rod

• Agree 1

Been freezing for several days. Mind you, anything below 15 deg C is considered freezing around here. We had a day at Newcastle Beach where the temp never got above 13 deg and everyone was shocked!

Rod, if you ever want to come down to the Hunter Valley, let us know you are coming and call in to YCNK Cessnock.

Don

• Like 1

Been freezing for several days. Mind you, anything below 15 deg C is considered freezing around here. We had a day at Newcastle Beach where the temp never got above 13 deg and everyone was shocked!Rod, if you ever want to come down to the Hunter Valley, let us know you are coming and call in to YCNK Cessnock.

Don

Hi Don, Thank you very much for your welcome. We are currently caravanning at Bonny Hills & it has been cold here during the evening. I have flown into Maitland & Scone quite a few times but not Cessnock, but you never know what the future can bring. Thanks for the invitation. Happy & safe flying, Cheers Rod.

• Like 1

Love the look of the hangar ... one off design by the look and designers delight ... but clearly not the lowest cost build to undertake ... but WOW ... can you ask if they do them in kit form now that the engineering and fabrication is sorted?

Would be worth it just to to see the look on the face of the council engineer when they get the planning application 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif