Training after transfer from VH to RAA

Hi all,

I am moving from weight shift over to 3 axis and had a few questions I was hoping the go up could answer.

I am wondering, can a J200/400, be changed from vh to raa, and then can the new owner train in the now 19 registered aircraft?

I believe you need a 24 rego for training, but if I owned a 19 rego'ed aircraft, then I could obtain training in my own aircraft. Would that be permitted?

Sorry if the answer is obvious to others. I had a look at previous posts but couldn't see an answer to what I was asking.

Cheers

Anthony

Anthony

The regulations allow for you to train in your own 19 rego aircraft. (you must be the owner).

You do however need to find and instructor/CFI willing to train you in it.

I am neither an instructor nor a CFI but I wouldn't be surprise if they wanted you to have the aircraft checked out by their own L2/LAME first.

They would probably also want to see Maint/service records, although if the aircraft is coming from VH they may be content.

• Caution 1

AnthonyThe regulations allow for you to train in your own 19 rego aircraft. (you must be the owner).

You do however need to find and instructor/CFI willing to train you in it.

I am neither an instructor nor a CFI but I wouldn't be surprise if they wanted you to have the aircraft checked out by their own L2/LAME first.

They would probably also want to see Maint/service records, although if the aircraft is coming from VH they may be content.

It is my understanding that the owner of a home built RAAus aircraft must be the builder to be able to train in it. (Refer CAO 95.55 para6.2 below). This is not the case for GA, training is restricted to the owner with no mention that they need to be the builder. I can't see why there should be that difference.

CAO 95.55 para 6.2 In spite of sub-subparagraph 6.1 (a) (ii), if a person has wholly built or assembled an aeroplane to which this Order applies, or a group of persons has wholly built or assembled such an aeroplane, then that person, or each of those persons, may use the aeroplane for their personal flying training.

It is my understanding that the owner of a home built RAAus aircraft must be the builder to be able to train in it. (Refer CAO 95.55 para6.2 below). This is not the case for GA, training is restricted to the owner with no mention that they need to be the builder. I can't see why there should be that difference.

CAO 95.55 para 6.2 In spite of sub-subparagraph 6.1 (a) (ii), if a person has wholly built or assembled an aeroplane to which this Order applies, or a group of persons has wholly built or assembled such an aeroplane, then that person, or each of those persons, may use the aeroplane for their personal flying training.

Anthony

I appear to be wrong then sorry for that

Happyflyer

Thank you for your correction.

Hi all and thanks for the replies. I ended up ringing Raa and they indicated that it was 'not permitted' although there may be a review of the rule in the next release of the ops manual.

Back in 2010, I contacted the RAA about using a #19 aircraft for doing endorsements and they said yes but they have since changed position on this so I doubt the situation will get any better with further amendments. Flying schools are pretty vocal about protecting their revenue streams