greaseings and hallucinations

Raptorcat

hello, everyone. new to the site, but old to aviation. Been studying flight since I was six, when my dad took me up while he was taking his lessons. Unfortunately, he ran out of money just short of doing his cross country solo. But I had the bug and never gave up. Once I was old enough to start taking lessons, I always seemed to have one major conflict:

either I had the time, or I had the money, but never both at the same time.

Now things are starting to gel and I am more focused on making my lifelong dream come true.

• Like 4

Yeah. One of my closest friends (in the background of my avatar pic) is the one who owns the Piet and the Stinson that he has let me have the stick to a few times. He says the same thing. He also reminded me of the one thing that his first instructor said to him after doing his check ride told him: "You are now a pilot. Congratulations, you're broke.". :)

I am currently working on an ultralight to get practice in beyond the simulators, but that is not yet in the build stages. It would be that far, except for being out of work for a month with a double whammy of flu and pneumonia, but things are getting back on track, so....

• Like 1

...his first instructor...told him: "You are now a pilot. Congratulations, you're broke.". :)...

Love it, RC. Words from the wise.

Welcome and hope you get some air time soon. Remember that it's not the amount you get, but the quality- and you appreciate more what you work hard for.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
hello, everyone. new to the site, but old to aviation.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Raptorcat!....It must be terrible to have too much money! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif....I stared flying back in the early eighties, by building my own Ultralight and then learning to fly it! No legal twin seat Ultralight training back then and no spare money for instruction, if there was.

Over the years, I`ve flown numerous Ultralights! I keep my flying affordable by flying off my own property, with the Austflight Aviation, WB Drifter, I`ve owned for many years.

77583313_Example1_052.jpg.0b046f6e9cc4d74c395c35c8fdc65453.jpg

Franco.

• Like 5
  • Winner 1

Geez, you know how to rub it in Franco. Mow the strip, wait for a perfect day and bring the ship out for a photoshoot nice and level just the right % from the top of the picture, hill in the distance. Bright sunshine, couple of fair weather Cu over the hill.. I know what you are up to. You are not fooling me... It's a set up.. Nev

• Agree 2
  • Haha 3

Geez, you know how to rub it in Franco. Mow the strip, wait for a perfect day and bring the ship out for a photoshoot nice and level just the right % from the top of the picture, hill in the distance. Bright sunshine, couple of fair weather Cu over the hill.. I know what you are up to. You are not fooling me... It's a set up.. Nev

I'll be in Cairns next month, Nev.

I could perform an on-site inspection for you, to make sure Frank is not telling fibs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif... 007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif...011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif...107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif

Apparently Nev we should be fortunate to have Franco getting this photo taken, because the Drifter is spending more time in the air than on the ground with all the backpackers, the relo's and the friends Fanco has been taking up of late with the peeerrrrrfect FNQ weather he has been getting

• Like 1

I'll be in Cairns next month, Nev.I could perform an on-site inspection for you, to make sure Frank is not telling fibs.

You`ll be welcome and might even get a fly with me in the Drifter!004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Like 1

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Raptorcat!....It must be terrible to have too much money! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif....I stared flying back in the early eighties, by building my own Ultralight and then learning to fly it! No legal twin seat Ultralight training back then and no spare money for instruction, if there was.Over the years, I`ve flown numerous Ultralights! I keep my flying affordable by flying off my own property, with the Austflight Aviation, WB Drifter, I`ve owned for many years.

[ATTACH=full]44910[/ATTACH]

Franco.

It is a pretty bird, that's for sure. Just have to get the materials together to build my own.

• Like 1

Welcome Raptorcat! I reckon that's a very beautiful part of the USA you live in...

It is. lots of hills, twisty roads, four seasons a year (instead of the two that I used to get in Florida - summer and rainy) and much friendlier people than I had been used to. More like where I grew up.

• Like 2