RAA ELECTION

coljones

Is anyone putting their hand up for the election or will it fall to the old guard due to lack of interest?

Going on recent history, lack of interest will probably rule the day. Couple of months back I had an on-going debate with the CEO about what I felt was the premature and incomplete presentation of the Constitution (and I still feel the same) but ultimate ratification was the result of a small percentage of members casting a majority of votes in favour. Case closed however, with such a dismal participation on such an important item indicating that 'most-don't-care' and the continual sniping from the great unwashed (some of it very justified), not too many sensible persons would want to put their hand up for the poisoned chalice. Some notable achievements have been accomplished by the Board of late but equally, they present us with some unwholesome baggage for the future. Nominating for the Board would seem a guaranteed case of "Damned if you do and damned if you don't", for any new Board aspirant. I had a happy childhood - why am I so cynical in my latter years?

• Agree 2

Is anyone putting their hand up for the election or will it fall to the old guard due to lack of interest?

It will be interesting to see the outcome. I guess it up to the supporters of the major change to follow their convictions and put their hands up (and their time to be effective).

The total number of votes will also be an indicator of overall acceptance.

• Winner 1

There's always plenty of good ? advice on this forum. Time to put it into action and offer your skills. Nev

Considering it Nev? You would get my vote!

Thanks 2 tonne. I tend to want to see the ones we put in given a bit of a go. I've been in unpaid elected positions for the major part of my life and know how difficult and often thankless it is. Nev

I agree Nev. I was a director of a community childcare centre for a while and responsible for maintenance. The building was over a hundred years old and had all kinds of issues. It was a pretty thankless task. There is almost guaranteed to be someone unhappy with any decision you make, particularly where significant costs are involved. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I would also like to see the directors of RAA given a fair go.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2