Type certification question

Get someone to convert you to a T/W once you master a tail wheal you will be right for life.

You just have to accept that your feet will be super busy however once you are there you will be a master.

KP

• Like 1

FWIW even if you don't end up with a tailwheel plane make sure you do a TW endorsement. I know there are a lot of cliches about tailwheel vs nose wheel pilots but it is my opinion (I am a low hours pilot!!!) that a TW endo will do absolutely no harm and will assist in supplementing a properly trained nose wheel pilot. In my limited time and even with my low hours I have still flown with nose wheel pilots who do Not use the rudder at all!! Scary really but as I said I am low hours so my advice is certainly not expert!

• Agree 3

• 5 weeks later...

I sought a bit of clarification from my CFI about what constitutes a type. It is the same as GA. If you want to fly a different model of plane you need to get the type endorsement on that plane. He was saying that even though you were good to fly a Cessna C172, to fly a Cessna C150, you'd need a type endorsement done to fly a C150.

He was saying that even though you were good to fly a Cessna C172, to fly a Cessna C150, you'd need a type endorsement done to fly a C150.

Really??

Never heard that before, only major endorsements are such as csu/retract, tailwheel or other "design features"

I have never heard of that before, maybe its a schools own requirement.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Really??Never heard that before, only major endorsements are such as csu/retract, tailwheel or other "design features"

I have never heard of that before, maybe its a schools own requirement.

Further to that, when it comes to twin engine aircraft I believe you need a type check for each aircraft type.

Further to that, when it comes to twin engine aircraft I believe you need a type check for each aircraft type.

Not since P61 Robbo, it's under 5700 now like the singles. With some exceptions. Which has been good.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1