YLED - Lethbridge on growth steroids ?

image.jpeg.ca0ca8f5d0cf314638a479557bb282c7.jpeg Hi all,

A few photos on the huge growth that is taking place at Lethbridge above.

And airport owner Gary on the left in one of the hangars...

I'll update the Thread over the next weeks as five new hangars start.

Recent announcements have included huge 50m X 50m+ size hangars going in at the east end of runway 28. These hangars will be complimented by adjoining 20m X 20m workshops and assembly hangars with private taxi ways.

Huge fuel bowsers are going in this week seeing; Jet, Avgas and Mogas available on Carnut and credit cards. These will be fully operational by the end of the month.

And 14 new hangars have gone up in the last twelve months on purchased hangar freehold sites, with the average size of 20m X 20m for each.

Two new land releases will be announced shortly with sites selling freehold last year for under $90,000 depending on position.

A lot of work around the entrance with new fencing, signs a large tree planting has visitors wondering if they are entering a private resort. Not to mention the acres of manicured mowed grass around the new hangars.

Well worth a visit..

image.jpeg.cb85e8f14ca20eaa0ecc43f5a1a2c18e.jpeg

image.jpeg.a123dbafadac00a288dd79792d5edada.jpeg

• Informative 1

image.jpeg.64eadd58853205acc8d0266e6c48325e.jpeg A recent article in the Geelong Weekly Review highlighted the growth expected in the area.

A little hard to read here but The Geelong Weekly Review July 21 - 27th page 14 and 15 has the full story

Just open the current edition as it appears in the top left corner - scroll through to the pages 14 and 15.

The Geelong Weekly Review edition 21 -27 July 2016 is found in search .

Yesterday - Saturday a sunny August day for a change - saw nine aircraft from the Geelong Sports Aviatots leave YLED Lethbridge for a flight to Ararat.

After a filling lunch at a nearby roadhouse an extensive an informative tour of the gliding facilities followed.

Tempting to take a flight

image.jpeg.1f9b204d98bf0b9e14590e37fb74ea89.jpeg Changing every day at Lethbridge.

Concrete taxi ways going in. Beautiful grassed areas.

Fuel facilities will be up in next two weeks.

Worth a visit - be surprised by huge hangars going up in coming weeks.

CHECK PHOTOS ABOVE

• Informative 1

Very nice air field, I used to be a member there and flew often, Then I bought a powered parachute and was promptly told that PPCs are not welcome, What a shame as I would love to go back.

NASTY,

Hmmm, I hope that's just a typo???

I attended the famous BBQs on a regular basis and flew a skydart and thruster for a few years.

I have also continued to do my fixed wing BFR s

But when I asked if I could fly my PPC I was told that PPCs are not the type of aircraft that would be suitable for the

field. No other reasons were given so I moved on and flew at other fields.

As I said, it would be nice if that stance has changed, I would come back and re join.

NASHY.

• 4 weeks later...

image.jpg.818e9340361cc861df014d741917b7df.jpg

nother big day at Lethbridge Airpark this week.

1. Officials opening the new fuel facility

2. My aircraft as featured in the local raio station web site. Bay FM 93.9 Geelong.

The local Council Mayor joined Council staff to assist Federal MP Sarah Henderson to open the new fuel facilities at Lethbridge - YLED .

It was good to see my aircraft featured on the local radio station web site. BayFM 93.9 Geelong.

Sarah Henderson highlighted the real advantage of having Mogas, Avgas and Jet available for authorities including air ambulance, Police and firefighting aircraft.

Airpark owner Gary Baum highlighted the amount of work already completed at Lethbridge and was clearly excited to announce further sub divisions and hangar sites are available. Gary highlighted the new large hangars about to commence construction.

Clearly Lethbridge is in a growth period with lots of interest from pilots and larger aircraft owners in the new fuel facilities and building taking place.

image.jpg.2ce22d4aa52f7fed083df011304eca93.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are two schools there

The GA is based in Essendon with their office at Lethbridge and they are there each weekend . They operate on a needs basis at Lethbridge during the week and are quite busy .

Recreational aviation is through Golden Plains Aviation. They have a Tecnam Eaglet and a low wing Pioneer

They are there seven days a week and are very busy

The RAAus pathway. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

It's quite a bit cheaper to do a PPL this way transitioning through RPL to PPL if that's you desire

It's ideal to do the Recreational path as s start into aviation

CFI at Lethbridge in RAAus is Bill W. and David Mc is the CEO

So yes plenty at Lethbridge and a few options and thoughts. 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Like 1