Southwest Airlines ( US ) suffers engine problem

"The aircraft has now been taken out of service for repairs. . . ."

'No $hit sherlock. . ?' . . .gotta love news reporters. . . irony failure R us. . . . .

I hope the bitz fell in some uninhabited place, I remember a couple of incidents involving involuntary 'jetsam' from aircraft in flight. . . . one was a nosewheel door half which crashed into the back garden of a house in the South of England some years ago,. . .demolishing some poor chap's greenhouse. . .

And secondly, the ejection seat from a privately owned Jet Provost, where, during a 'Negative G' aerobatic manouvre, the seat, complete with passenger departed the aircraft, smashing through the canopy.

The explosive bits had been removed from the seat for non-military useage. . .

Fortunately for the passenger, his parachute actually worked, the seat separated, but fell through the roof and into the living area of a little cottage, miraculously injuring noone.

The Pilot / Owner of the aircraft, who also owned a popular UK aviation spares / accessories business, ( Transair Pilot Shop ) thought that his passenger, who was a relative, had died and was rather pleased later. . . . ( might have been his Brother,. . .can't remember now. . )

That makes me wonder if there is a database of 'Stuff falling off aircraft' somewhere. . .I must consult Goggle sometime. . . . Oh yeah,. . .a bit fell off onto a runway in France once, and burst the fuel tank on a Concorde. . . .the F.O.D. Worldwide 'beginning of the end' for that lovely aeroplane. . . Wonder if there are sufficient incidents to warrant a thread ? ? ?

>

• Informative 1

"Looking at the plane afterwards and seeing that there was a large gash in the back of the plane … had that punctured the interior cabin we'd be dead," Tammy Richards, of Oklahoma City area, said.

It did puncture the cabin Tammy. That's why the plane depressurised and the oxygen masks dropped. You're not dead though.

• Haha 1

Guest SrPilot
"The aircraft has now been taken out of service for repairs. . . ." 'No $hit sherlock. . ?' . . .gotta love news reporters. . . >

Way to go, Dallas! Uh, wait, that's a line from The Hunt for Red October.

Way to go, RP. I was thinking a milder form of the same thought. 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

This sort of incident happens all the time......

Retired couple left with hole in roof after chunk of FROZEN POO falls from plane

Keith Mead, 70, and his wife Ruth, 67, heard a loud bang and he rushed outside thinking their had been a car accident.

But the couple were astonished when they saw a hole in their roof and found the seven-inch long chunk of ice on the lawn.

The lump of frozen urine and faeces had fallen from a jet about 30,000ft overhead after being flushed from a toilet on the plane, they claim.

Mr Mead, from Melksham, Wiltshire, bagged up the ice ball and put it in his freezer to show insurance assessors who visited that day.

He said: "It was just as if someone had crashed into our house.

"I looked up and there was a gaping hole where a large lump of ice had impacted the roof.

Ruth added: "Thank goodness it didn't hit anyone. It could have killed them."

Around 25 ice falls in the UK are reported to the Civil Aviation Authority each year.

Express : PUBLISHED: 10:07, Tue, Oct 27, 2015

I don't know how poo can fall from an aircraft. It normally goes into a tank of blue fluid and is changed on the ground on turnaround. Nev

Budget outdoor seats.

Yeah I'm finding the frozen poo thing a bit difficult to swallow.

Oooh........sorry about that.

Even on the old C130s which were 1970s vintage with urinals that vented overboard, the potty was still self-contained and had to be vacuumed or tipped into a sewage truck. I've never heard of an airliner that can vent toilet waste though.

A

This sort of incident happens all the time......

Retired couple left with hole in roof after chunk of FROZEN POO falls from plane

Keith Mead, 70, and his wife Ruth, 67, heard a loud bang and he rushed outside thinking their had been a car accident.

But the couple were astonished when they saw a hole in their roof and found the seven-inch long chunk of ice on the lawn.

The lump of frozen urine and faeces had fallen from a jet about 30,000ft overhead after being flushed from a toilet on the plane, they claim.

Mr Mead, from Melksham, Wiltshire, bagged up the ice ball and put it in his freezer to show insurance assessors who visited that day.

He said: "It was just as if someone had crashed into our house.

"I looked up and there was a gaping hole where a large lump of ice had impacted the roof.

Ruth added: "Thank goodness it didn't hit anyone. It could have killed them."

Around 25 ice falls in the UK are reported to the Civil Aviation Authority each year.

Express : PUBLISHED: 10:07, Tue, Oct 27, 2015

Whi said shit doesn't fly or stick.

I've never heard of an airliner that can vent toilet waste though.

I don't know why, but that gave me a sudden mental picture of some poor passenger sitting on the loo at FL 350, and suddenly being sucked inside out and ejected into the ether by the pressure differential . . . . ouch. . . .

• Like 1

I vaguely recall a sign in the toilet of a 1950s railway carriage which said someting like :

'Please do not flush the toilet whilst the train is standing at a station"

Much more hygienic apparently to spread it liberally along a coupla hundred metres of track at 50 mph ? ( 'Yards' of track in them olden days. . . )

Either that or you'd get stuck and make an imitation giant Kazoo. Having a primitive loo on a pressurised plane would be an engineering challenge. On an unpressurised one you get your own back as well. Cabins generally run below atmospheric. Nev