Qualifications for L1 to L4

OME - it is Tech Form 016 - on the RAA website under FORMS -> Technical .. forms Level 4 Maintenance ... Application

The criteria for a L4 Amateur Built Inspector is in Section 11.6 of the Technical Manual - RAA -> members' portal

Excerpt from the Introduction:-

Members who are a CASA LAME (or equivalent acceptable to RAAus) may apply for a Level 4 Amateur Built Inspector (ABI) Authorisation. The applicant for a L4 Authorisation must hold a Level 2 Maintenance Authorisation prior to making the application, or co-incident with it. If there is a need for a L4 ABI in a particular area, but none is available, application can be made by a RAAus member who is an experienced L2. Before an application in this instance can be assessed, the applicant must show a definite need - i.e. there are no L4s within a reasonable distance. They must show full justification (including all appropriate documentation) and references from local RAAus member(s) holding a position of authority (i.e. President or CFI of a Recreational aircraft flying club) as to why they should be considered. In such a case, the applicant may be recommended by RAAus, but is approved by CASA.

Hope this helps.

Sue

Those links are to the forms to be submitted when applying for a Maintenance Authority.

What I am looking for is a link to the training course so that I can see what is contained in the course. When I try to use the link in the RAAus site I get a 404 error.

OME

OME,

Where are you finding this link to the training course? RAA has the L1 course live at Log in - RAA - Intranet but you will have to log on to the Members' Portal first or you get an error message.

The L2 course is "coming" according to the FAQs:-

What other courses does RAAus have planned?

We will be continually rolling our new education packages. Some of these include:

• Weight and balance

• L2 Maintenance Authority

• Human Factors

• Safety Management Systems

Ahh! There's the rub! Although I have been a member in the past, I'm not at present. Therefore I cannot access the RAA Intranet.

My reason for wanting to see what was in the L2 course was to be able to compare it to the content of the Certificate IV in Aeroskills, which is the qualification that an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (not a LAME) obtains at the end of an apprenticeship.

OME