New Membership Field

Admin

In v6 of the site I am introducing a "Membership" Logo that will be displayed next to your Country Flag inside the user box on the left of posts.

This will be driven by a selection box in your user settings and will look like this:

1. The User Setting:

1.jpg.eab75abbce110cf1c9a4b0944844bddb.jpg

2. The Logo in the User Post Box:

2.jpg.032ef7fa2028680d9ae69147f4b48e6f.jpg

Now there is also room for one more image to indicate something else...do you have any suggestions what we could have as that 3rd image?

• Like 2

What about those of us who belong to more than one? Eg. RAA, EAA, SAAA, AOPA, RAAF etc?

Or, if this is to denote if we lean towards Ultralights or GA, you'll need a simple GA logo

Maybe the other side could be for membership of aviation groups - eg AOPA, AWPA (Australian Women Pilots' Assoc), Antique Aeroplanes, Cessna users' group, Warbird Museum, My Flying School logo etc.? We may have to decide which one we are going to be today.....

Sue

Sue, you can then select the option "RAAus and other" which is displayed with a "+" sign in the image:

3.jpg.b348995dd88b20a6dc6fc6a6850c60e4.jpg

Yes, there is a GA only logo plus some others and a "None" logo if you are not a member of anything. The exact options will need a little thought hence why I am raising it for discussion.

The objectives are two fold so the options have to consider these and only these:

1. For other users to know if the user is an RAAus member or member of another institution

2. For the site to to know its member base so it can develop in the best way to suit the users

There will no doubt be the idiots that say they are, or are not, a member of this or that but they will eventually get caught out and dealt with by the rules in providing false information in their site registration. It will be a mandatory suspension, no if's or but's because the site doesn't want those idiots using it besides it comes under common decency. I thought long and hard on this feature but the benefits to all site users outweigh the extra management.

• Like 3