A handful of modifications.....

dan tonner

The link which follows is a summary of the modifications I made to my Savannah VG XL since I began building it in 2012. Most of them are copies of the modifications which were so generously shared by other owners and builders on this site.

If the airplane itself weren't such a delight to fly, just having the comraderie of the contributors to this site would be reason enough to buy and build a Savannah aircraft. There's hardly been a day when I have not opened the Savannah Forum to check on what's happening with all the friends and Savannah owners/builders I've never met.

Keep up the great work. Perhaps the day will come....

Canada Dan

Dropbox - SAVANNAH MODIFICATIONS.doc

• Like 2

Those PTT mounts look like the goods! Isn't it a pity ICP don't include a couple in the kit instead of each builder having to spend three quarters of an hour turning them on the lathe! Seems to me it would be very efficient to mould them like the rudder bar and throttle bar mounts.

There is a lot of great mods on this forum and a lot of great and helpfull people. Dan is right..not only a great aircraft to fly but a great bunch of guys

I like the remote solenoid. Although I fitted a manual battery switch where I can reach it but that took a bit of extra work to mount it. I have to get my bum into gear and get the throttle rods done too. AND I have to get my cowl mold finished so I can fit the new muffler system once I make a new lower cowling.