Beware apple update 10.2

tillmanr

The first thing you do before updating is a BACKUP !!!

I never do a backup, the reason for that is I have nothing on the ipad of importance so doesn't matter if I lose everything

It simply runs ozrunways.

Plus, once I have updated I fully reset the ipad and start fresh with the new OS and don't have to worry about update issues.

• Like 1

Yes, always do backups! Or use iCloud (assuming data caps aren't a problem for you) - a few bucks a year and it's a great safety net.

Backups are more complete/exact but iCloud requires no effort at all outside of turning it on. Photos are generally the main thing, apps and whatnot are all easily replaceable.

Then why do the update at that time?

The update could wait if the data was important, they always say you will lose "anything on the device" even though most time it doesn't wipe apple still states you will lose the data on the device.

• Helpful 1

Your question is correct Robbins. Busying about before driving to MEL and ran update without thinking. It just means an hour or so to re email myself with the images. I hope the other responders continue to have perfect updates.

I updated last week. The only problem I have noted is I have lost the ability to copy and paste from a pdf file. It may seem trivial but it is a function that I would use at least 50 to 100 times a day depending on how busy I am and how many hours we work. It is causing me no end of grief.

I updated last week. The only problem I have noted is I have lost the ability to copy and paste from a pdf file. It may seem trivial but it is a function that I would use at least 50 to 100 times a day depending on how busy I am and how many hours we work. It is causing me no end of grief.

Geoff I'm sure some of the pdf viewer apps will allow you to do that, try opening the pdf in a different app....

Geoff I'm sure some of the pdf viewer apps will allow you to do that, try opening the pdf in a different app....

Ok now you are getting all technical on me. What I do is have a program to run my trucks. I print a work dairy using a pdf printer and email it to myself. In the past I could just open that attachment in the email and copy and paste to other emails or and of the wharf/container park operating systems that I access. It no longer allows me to do that.

So are you suggesting that I use a specific pdf viewer of some sort rather than just my windows email reader?

If so do you have any suggestions?