Police Harassment - No Emu is safe from it!

old man emu

Another example of police harassment of innocent, law-abiding emus going about their daily business.

These Arizona Highway Patrolmen, cockroaches, crunchy backs, white pointers - call 'em what you will, gave a cousin of mine a really hard time as he was taking a stroll along a scenic section of Interstate 10 near Phoenix, Arizona.

Just because he was walking along the side of the road, in the direction of traffic flow, and not against that direction, they restrained him and placed him in a holding pen. Who did they think he was - an ill eagle immigrant?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-traffic/2016/10/21/arizona-loose-emu-disrupts-traffic-interstate-10/92527580/

Old Man Emu

• Haha 2

Looks like one of those long haired louts the Arizona rednecks warn you about. It's a wonder they didn't give it a haircut and drop it off at the border with a warning not to come back.

What Emu's? They are pretty ugly all the time. They obviously appeal to other emu's or else there would be no EMU's. I've chased them at 42 MPH in the Grampians. Not very bright as they charge off into the scrub eventually, crashing through small shrubs. There used to be an airline in Adelaide called EMU Airlines. I'm surprised it got off the ground. Funny name for an Airline. A FLIGHTLESS Bird. Nev

• Haha 2