Dash board templates for Savannah S

rmorton

While waiting for tools and checks and avoiding preparing bare metal for paint or poison, I decided to measure up and draw the dash of my Savannah so I can play fantasy avionics. I hope you can read the attached files, not sure they are perfect so will need to print them out sometime to check. Hope they are useful. Ok just tried to upload a DXF and a DWG but no idea how? I can email them if anyone wants a copy

• 3 weeks later...

The new dash is a lot easier to change if, as I will do you start with a basic set up and invest later in electronics. I quite like the steam driven stuff, but I am sur eI will end up with a TV!

• 2 months later...

For the S rebuild on Danny's and mine we are making and modifing the dash. The original dash is too vertical you sort of look down at the dash. The angle of the dash to your eyeline is wrong. Danny came up with the idea to re-angle the top of the dash to make the eyeline much better. Danny is a wizz with fibreglass so he will make up a mold to make the new dash plate and they will probably be done in halves. So the dash will be made out of 2 panels that are removeable..maybe even a small glovebox.

• Winner 1

I forgot to say as well the top of the dash will be back further towards the firewall at the top deck so it will be pushed back. New rivets will be needed as well of course and the carpet will cover up the original holes

• Haha 1

For the S rebuild on Danny's and mine we are making and modifing the dash. The original dash is too vertical you sort of look down at the dash. The angle of the dash to your eyeline is wrong. Danny came up with the idea to re-angle the top of the dash to make the eyeline much better. Danny is a wizz with fibreglass so he will make up a mold to make the new dash plate and they will probably be done in halves. So the dash will be made out of 2 panels that are removeable..maybe even a small glovebox.

That sounds great!

Are there any pictures?

Not yet...we were discussing it the other night when I was over Dannys place looking at his S

More good stuff. You guys never stop, do you?

well Bob its better than watching the idiot box :)

I like tinkering and improving stuff and so does Danny. There is another mod I have to do to my current XL and will go on the S as well and that is to make the rubber engine mounts on the ring mount to actually do the job they are supposed to. Danny came up with the idea and it works a treat. But I will keep you in suspense :)

well Bob its better than watching the idiot box :)I like tinkering and improving stuff and so does Danny. There is another mod I have to do to my current XL and will go on the S as well and that is to make the rubber engine mounts on the ring mount to actually do the job they are supposed to. Danny came up with the idea and it works a treat. But I will keep you in suspense :)

Hopefully not for too long.