magazine

rhtrudder

just got the latest mag, looks like its going the same way as the old pacific flyer, not many articles and full of pictures, I enjoyed reading the flying tests of any of our planes, , the technical stuff is good so are the trips away by pilots .

• Agree 1

just got the latest mag, looks like its going the same way as the old pacific flyer, not many articles and full of pictures, I enjoyed reading the flying tests of any of our planes, , the technical stuff is good so are the trips away by pilots .

Which mag are you talking about?

AOPA Pilot or Sport Pilot?

sport pilot,I understand it takes up a bit of time , wondering if it came out bi monthly so they had more time to research more flight tests etc and maybe reinstate the classified section which was the first thing I looked at , I reckon I read one article on radio use that was just repeated from a past issue.

The content of the magazine has gone down markedly since it went electronic. Nowadays, I dont even bother reading it. All seems to be pointed towards the top end of the sport money wise.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

I agree with rhtrudder above.

I always went first to classified section of Sport Pilot first.

My favourite articles in other aviation magazines are often flight test reviews of different aircraft, something that Sport Pilot very infrequently publishes. And yes, I appreciate reading trip reports by other recreational pilots. If reader contributed content is drying up, is that an indicator of malaise or something else? Back in the days before the slick 'Sport Pilot' format, magazine production values were low -but I seem to remember it was dominated by member contributions.

Having said the above I do appreciate Sport Pilot, I think its now got great production values and have consistently subscribed to receive a hardcopy.

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Can no longer be bothered downloading it for free, as far as paying extra for it - well I won't even go there.

Rather then subscribe to get the paper mag I subscribed to Kitplanes and EAA. Both have great articles and value for the money.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1