Thruster Parts

Riley

I am slowly getting ducks in a row for re-assembly and re-commissioning of the Thruster Gemini but am still lacking a decent spade-handle engine mount and a dual carb inlet manifold for a R503. Can anybody help or put me in contact with someone who might have either of these items? Will trade cash, parts or a left kidney. cheers Riley

Can't help you Riley but what is a "spade-handle engine mount". I'm restoring a T83/84 and this is my engine and mount.[ATTACH]47281[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]47282[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]47283[/ATTACH]

'Spade handle' mount for Rotax 2-stroke on a Thruster boom is another word for the CrMo 4" ID X 1" formed tubing assy that slides over and is bolted to the boom on which the engine 4 point rubber mounting bolts attach. Just a colloquialism picked up from Tony Hayes musings of some years back. cheers

I am slowly getting ducks in a row for re-assembly and re-commissioning of the Thruster Gemini but am still lacking a decent spade-handle engine mount and a dual carb inlet manifold for a R503. Can anybody help or put me in contact with someone who might have either of these items? Will trade cash, parts or a left kidney. cheers Riley

Try Tony on 0408612621

• Like 1

Can't help you Riley but what is a "spade-handle engine mount". I'm restoring a T83/84 and this is my engine and mount.[ATTACH]47281[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]47282[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]47283[/ATTACH]

T83-T85 used your style Ali engine mount being two angles bolted through the fuse tube and two cross members bolted to the angles.

Then with the Gemini and T300 they went to a welded steel engine mount that had a steel ring welded to the back that slips over a shorter fuse tube. When you look at the engine mount welded piece it looks like the spade grip used on spitfire control columns or plane old digging spades.