errr ummm where to start?

visy

Newbie here just popping in to say Hi.

Over the years (I'm 36 now) facination with aircraft has come and gone but after going to this years Airshow at Avalon Ive started looking into the pssibility of trying out flying.

I've now descended into the aviation rabbit hole (and it is deep) researching pretty much anything I can get my hands on. Rather than continuing down the rabbit hole alone and confusing myself I thought I'd register here and have some conversations with people that have done it before.

First impressions are its quite amazing at just how much you can learn about aviation. It could go on forever and become a lifelong journey.

So yeah. Hi....and heres to thousands of dumb noob questions about to come from myself :)

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

No worries. Just shoot. I started off my training in UK with some 45 hours in a AX2000 cyclone microlight leading to my 1st solo. I started out roughly your age, but had to stop for 5 years, then went back into it with additional 10 hours or so in a Jabiru, at The Oaks, under the expert guidance of John (Snr FI) & Dave (CFI), before taking off to the skies on my own once again. In the meantime I did about half a dozen dual hrs in a Cessna 152 and was on my way to a PPL, but decided to go the recreational route as it was much more economical. You can always upgrade to a RPL - PPL - CPL - Airline Pilot, with all your hours being counted, if you decided to go all the way. There are a lot of experts here, and I am sure you will be rightly guided. Cheers :)

Hi and welcome vizy 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Why don't you book a TIF with a local flying school and see if flying is for you?

Word of warning though, once the flying bug bites, it rarely lets you go.

And ask away with questions.

I started down that road a couple of years ago, thus beginning one of the most awesome and rewarding experiences of my life.

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1

Welcome Visy

I am 42 and only recently became interested in flying.

I too am researching and studying as I save for flying lessons. [ Young family ,just bought first house so saving is tough]

I went on a quick Trial introductory flight just to see if I was chicken ,and loved it. Bit bumpy due to thermals but you get used to that apparently.

The guys [and a few girls] here are helpful and will answer all the dumb questions and even have a crack at the smart ones!

The great thing with aviation is that there is so much to learn for those interested.

enjoy

almost forgot

check out the tutorials on this site. Top right corner

Whatever you do, if it's for you don't put it off. I had a 20 year gap between flying lessons and you can't gain it back ( the time).

Have heaps of fun in your endeavours. Even the times when you don't get things just right are still learning points.

Cheers and welcome.

Clinton.

• Like 1

Welcome Visy.Ask away, great crowd here and there are no "dumb questions".

Unless Marty asks them.

Q. . . .'Marty' D,. . .

or. . . 'Marty' G . .

NOOOO ! I don't realy want you to answer that Bex. . . ! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• Haha 1

Newbie here just popping in to say Hi.Over the years (I'm 36 now) facination with aircraft has come and gone but after going to this years Airshow at Avalon Ive started looking into the pssibility of trying out flying.

I've now descended into the aviation rabbit hole (and it is deep) researching pretty much anything I can get my hands on. Rather than continuing down the rabbit hole alone and confusing myself I thought I'd register here and have some conversations with people that have done it before.

First impressions are its quite amazing at just how much you can learn about aviation. It could go on forever and become a lifelong journey.

So yeah. Hi....and heres to thousands of dumb noob questions about to come from myself :)

WELCOME VISY.

As you've probably already noticed, there is a wealth of knowledge here on this site. . . and the ' Inmates ' are ALL eminently approachable for all manner of questions. Keep in touch and let us know when you start training etc. . .

Cheers. . .Phil.

Hey Visy, welcome!

I was at Avalon too. Good show this year, I'd only been there once before, about 20 years ago.

Pretty sure I'm the one that Bex reckons asks dumb questions. (Don't worry, his answers aren't that flash either!)

Enjoy the site and all the best on your aviation rabbit-hole trip.

• Haha 1