Greetings from Nth QLD

Neophyte

Hi,

I had the pleasure of taking my first introductory flight this morning out of Townsville. Still kind of pinching myself and completely hooked!

Looking forward to the learning phase.

NEO

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I'm currently 5.4 hours in- EOC, straight and level, ascending/descending and turns, in the bag. I've had some really positive feedback from all of my instructors thus far. Stoked to be able to chase a long time goal, and looking forward to learning from the experience online!

Cheers,

Neo

Hi,I had the pleasure of taking my first introductory flight this morning out of Townsville. Still kind of pinching myself and completely hooked!

Looking forward to the learning phase.

NEO

Hello Neo

This is Bobfromreddeer. I am new to this site and I can't find where I post my own profile so I am replying to you. I'm from Canada and have built and now flying a 701, over 350 hrs on it so far. I am looking for a contact in New Zealand that is willing to correspond with as wife and I hope to be down there in Feb to March 2018. Would love to do some flying while there. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

Bob

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I'm currently 5.4 hours in- EOC, straight and level, ascending/descending and turns, in the bag. I've had some really positive feedback from all of my instructors thus far. Stoked to be able to chase a long time goal, and looking forward to learning from the experience online!Cheers,

Neo

Welcome Neophyte,

I am also in Townsville. Who are you learning with?

• Like 1

This is Bobfromreddeer. I am new to this site and I can't find where I post my own profile so I am replying to you.

Hi Bob, Welcome to the forum. If using a PC, place the pointer over the small avatar top left. Select Personal Details from the dropdown menu.

Hi Bob, Welcome to the forum. If using a PC, place the pointer over the small avatar top left. Select Personal Details from the dropdown menu.

Hello Peter

Really need my Grandson Isaac to help his doddering ole' Grampa with the techy stuff. Just recently gave up my flip phone for a Samsung 6 something or other. I'm looking to connect with any New Zealand 701 pilots as we hope to be down there Apr-March 2018. Thanks

Bob

@IBob is a new Zealander and may be able to help you Bob.

If you click on his name it will bring up his profile and there will be a place there that says "start a conversation" if you click on that you can send him a message directly.

There are a fair few New Zealanders on this site but the majority are Aussies. Our flags (which show up near our names) are nearly identical except New Zealanders have red stars. We are all more than happy to help tho

Hi Bob

Yep will contact him.

Well thanks again for yesterday. I flew this am, couldn't help myself...mountains and sloping paddocks...

Then washed the plane, was pretty dirty. Helped Dave H with something on his plane then a Foxbat taxiied up to the hangar. Was Tony ZK-BIC from down south and another guy who had just bought the Foxbat and they were ferrying it from Taupo. So gave them my car to go into town and then home for me and more cataloging parts.....up to around 600 now.....

Intend lining the box in black polythene.

Peter

Hello NeoThis is Bobfromreddeer. I am new to this site and I can't find where I post my own profile so I am replying to you. I'm from Canada and have built and now flying a 701, over 350 hrs on it so far. I am looking for a contact in New Zealand that is willing to correspond with as wife and I hope to be down there in Feb to March 2018. Would love to do some flying while there. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

Bob

:welcome:Good to hear from you. So whst do you fly?

Me, or Bobfromreddeer? Ha!

I'm currently learning in an Aeroprakt A22 Foxbat. It's a sensational little plane, and I think it will set me up to handle larger planes as time progresses. I'm not sure if it's the same for slightly larger Cessnas and the like, but you really get a feel for the plane being pushed around by the conditions!!

Have completed 5.6 hours so far with stalls booked for Wednesday morning!!!!

Cheers,

NEO

Hi BobYep will contact him.

Well thanks again for yesterday. I flew this am, couldn't help myself...mountains and sloping paddocks...

Then washed the plane, was pretty dirty. Helped Dave H with something on his plane then a Foxbat taxiied up to the hangar. Was Tony ZK-BIC from down south and another guy who had just bought the Foxbat and they were ferrying it from Taupo. So gave them my car to go into town and then home for me and more cataloging parts.....up to around 600 now.....

Intend lining the box in black polythene.

Peter

Peter

I changed out the front wheel Bungee cord yesterday. What a job! I have a oil thermostat in my oil lines and so there is not a lot of room between motor and firewall. Before I did that I just had to go fly towards the mountains but had to turn back because of snow and low cloud.

Bob