3 Threads Closed to migrate them to Whats Up Australia

Admin

I have closed to new replies the following 3 threads

1. The Never Ending Story

2. Quickies

3. Silly Picture Thread

These 3 threads are being migrated over to the new Whats Up Australia site so we can keep Recreational Flying about recreational aviation. The threads, posts, users that have contributed in the threads, attachments etc will be moved and made sticky in the Whats Up Australia "Funnies" forum.

Again, if you have posted in any of these threads you will automatically be registered as a user in the Whats Up Australia site!!!

You can quickly view and contribute any new posts in these threads by clicking the "Off Topic" tab in the Whats New screen here on Recreational Flying.

The process to migrate these across is in process till an update is posted in this thread that all is done

Thankyou for your understanding

• Agree 1

The other thing that was interesting was that during this process it was found that only 158 users had created over 12,000 posts in those 3 threads

Ian, a thread appears to have gone missing, the search doesn't pick it up in either site.

Silly signs - let's start a thread.

Yes it will always remaain as a link. There are big plans for Whats Up Australia and I would really like Recreational Flying to reman on topic as a complete resource on recreational aviation

Ian, a thread appears to have gone missing, the search doesn't pick it up in either site.Silly signs - let's start a thread.

Oops, forgot that one...it is currently in limbo on my PC...will get that one across to Whats Up Australia today, it's the one I thought was the most funny

Sorry, can't do that one...not enough real estate. I kow you can't see it the menu column has some extra things in it that will get turned on in due course and as I can see them, it is already full

• Informative 1

Fantastic job Ian. I have promoted the new site to a few friends, some from the old Men's Shed Online site which is now defunct. It may not be their cup of tea, that's up to them. I don't think it will attract many Facebook or Twitter types that Oscar is so afraid of.

Let me know Red if there is anything I can do to the site to provide more to help those from the Men's Shed. I know we spoke about this some time back but let's see what we can in that area