IPAD/TABLET cockpit display.

I would like to have a large tablet (Ipad or similar) which I can mount on the dash which has an EMS and flight info display. Ideally I could take it with me from aircraft to aircraft but can cope having one in each machine. It would need to bluetooth some info from independent sensors for airspeed, cht, egt, temp pressure, rotor speed etc. It could incorporate (for example) OZ Runways.

Given it is 2017 my guess is this has probably already been invented and available, no doubt it is very reasonably priced and able to cope with changing technology so when holograms become available I can have my maps in 3D. Where can I get this and if not why not. It would also be easy to use unlike much of the glass currently available. I would like voice command with this as well. It would need to retro fit into this..............

327756135_WP_20170430_14_04_55_Pro(2).jpg.3485bb7e44c09e8d677214f27ab3b1c2.jpg It will probably come with my reasonably priced very reliable 120hp long life aero engine - $%@&% NEVER!

• Haha 3
  • Caution 1

Levil aviation make what you are after, would require 2 x ipads Id suggest, one for EFIS/EMS one for Nav

Has an inbuilt sensor module and displays via Ipad or similar

I do know an owner who isnt as impressed as he was pre purchase.

Thank goodness and not a minute too soon after the mess I found behind the dash today ! Wireless....how dreamy!

WP_20170502_12_01_21_Pro.jpg.1948e9396e05d7babe9ce99ea470b004.jpg

Seriously that BOM device looks spectacular. Jetjr, what was the issues for the pilot you know who installed one ?

• 2 months later...

This looks the ticket !

zenith-750-new-panel-concept.jpg

This photo and text from Kitplanes newsline......looks good !

"JULY 23, 2017 BY PAUL DYE

Now THAT's Original!

.....But aside from all of these new features, the most original changes are in the cockpit, most specifically, the instrument panel. There really ISN'T one. Well, not a fixed one that is. Stepping into a future vision of what an aircraft looks like, Zenith did away with a fixed instrument panel and instead has a large, single glass panel mounted to an articulated arm that can slide in front of either the pilot or passenger. A single cable transfers data to and from the panel. Switches are mounted above the pilot, and circuit breakers are mounted under the passengers legs. The windshield wraps down the sides of the fuselage where you'd expect to see skin hidden by the panel--but is now added visibility for the occupants--the effect being similar to that of a bubble helicopter."

• Like 3

New smartPlane system converts your iPad into a panel-mount MFD

July 31, 2017

The iPad has reached a fairly mature state as a portable electronic flight bag (EFB), thanks to advanced aviation apps and capable accessories like ADS-B and SiriusXM weather receivers. So what’s next? The latest trend centers around mounting your iPad right in the panel, where it’s always in view without the hassle of a kneeboard or mounting fixture.

Guardian Avionics was one of the first companies to offer a panel-mount system, with its line of smartPanel mounts (formerly called iFDR), which allows you to easily snap the iPad into the panel for easy viewing in flight. They recently unveiled a new line of smartPanel products that make a panel-mounted iPad even more useful, including GPS, flight instruments, and engine monitoring options, turning your iPad’s large screen into a real MFD.

Guardian took the iPad MFD concept a step further with a new line of smartLink accessories which collect and transmit to Guardian’s existing smartMFD iOS application by USB or Bluetooth. The smartLink boxes are designed to go right in the panel, or you can choose a remote-mount option:

smartLink 554 – includes CO monitoring, AHRS and can be connected to your Garmin or Avidyne panel-mount GPS and J.P. instruments engine monitor via RS-232 (smartLink 554-201 is available as a remote-mount option)

New smartPlane system converts your iPad into a panel-mount MFD - iPad Pilot News