YouTube Drifter video

Callahan

I enjoyed the video, but there are a lot of things demonstrated that you really shouldn't be doing. It's a big list, Lo flying, exceeding Vne, flying an unserviceable aircraft, poor preflight. But worst of all you threw a lit cigar onto the airfield as taxied out. What a waste of what looks like a nice stogie. If you want to see another irresponsible Drifter pilot, YouTube search Tree Top Flyer in a Drifter.

P.S. Cool video.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the video, but there are a lot of things demonstrated that you really shouldn't be doing. It's a big list, Lo flying, exceeding Vne, flying an unserviceable aircraft, poor preflight. But worst of all you threw a lit cigar onto the airfield as taxied out. What a waste of what looks like a nice stogie. If you want to see another irresponsible Drifter pilot, YouTube search Tree Top Flyer in a Drifter.Will do on the Tree Top video Blue Drifter. I understand what you're saying about my flying but hell, we're all gonna' die one day anyway. I inserted a caveat too against flying like that. That bent keel on my Trike was scary.

P.S. Cool Reply! I'll check out your video now & leave a thumbs up!....whether I like it or not! :)

P.S. Cool video.

Here in Oz someone has decided that no-one is responsible enough (without formal training, associated qualifications and a valid reason) to fly below 500 feet. If the "authorities" are to be believed, it's downright suicidal to be flying that low.

To my knowledge there aren't any less accidents here because of their rules or more accidents where there is no such rule.

• Like 2

Well.....being as how I was always responsible enough to follow all rules to the T per my video, I have to agree that Austrailian aviation authorities as well as the all knowing U.S. Federal authorities know more than we do as they go through their lives adjusting rules & justifying their jobs.

It's why I fly a Drifter....to express myself and why I flew Mexico.....to get away from all the damn rules! Hey, if you guys haven't read my book, as shown in my video, you might want to at least read the 30 or so pages of what Amazon allows you to read for free. I had a very bad run in with a real prick of an FAA individual in Memphis 1990.

• Like 2

hey Bill just saw this thread after I posted elsewhere asking if your avatar was a Drifter - got it!

just wondering if you do any flight simming on your computer - my Drifter was developed for Microsoft Flight Sim 10 (FSX) and is a lot of fun when you can't fly a real one!

cheers

BP

• 1 month later...

Bolero!

I'm just a tad late replying to this one but I'll definitely try it out. MS Flight Sim 10....sounds like fun! Anything with a Drifter in it! Thanks!

Not often, but sometimes I don't get notified when I get a response.

I figured you guys were living wild & free down there? Authority is good as long as it's served with common sense & not abuse.

We had a maniac Kolb flyer who showed up, taught himself to fly after mangling what was a great little ultralight. Then decides to get drunk one day, along with various drugs in his system..... crashes onto a beach, hits a woman walking on the beach with his left main spar, cracks four of her ribs, two were multiple fractures, breaks her collar bone AND last but not least....cracks a vertebrae in her neck. He's in jail.

Like I said, it's guys like that who bring down heat on us. We did try to warn him everyday. Wouldn't listen. No luck.

Now if you substituted "FAA" with "CASA", that's how it would be living in OZ.......

I figured you guys were living wild & free down there? Authority is good as long as it's served with common sense & not abuse.

008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Yeah sure, that's how it works here.......NOT :cops:As soon as new law is made, you can trust someone in a blue uniform to be reinterpreting and abusing it.

I understand now. I happen to be fortunate enough to live in an isolated part of north Florida. We're never bothered by anybody & actually fly as we see fit.

For example, I fly a "fat"" Drifter which is one over the legal defination of an ultralight or over 254 pounds, has two seats etc. I took the FAA registration (N numbers) off of it when I bought it & fly it as an ultralight.

I did have a serious run-in with our so-called & self-appointed airport manager over the ultralight when he placed a No Trespass notice on me for the airport. I flew anyway, violated the Trespass 8 or 10 times etc. He called the cops four times. They refused to support their own Trespass order, said it was a civil matter.

It almost went to court when I put an injunction on him. He dropped it when I agreed to drop the injunction. I had a video of the whole affair on YouTube & will post it here again soon. You won' t believe what you see. The guy was literally crazy!

In 20 years here that's the only thing that has happened.