Recommended GA airfields around Cairns/ east coast

Can anyone recommended some good GA airfields to pop in to? I am a pilot over from the UK and will be moving down the east coast over the next couple of months. Hoping to find somebody with a seat going spare as I haven't been up in over 3 months and greatly missing it! Happy to split costs,landing fees etc

Also if anyone recommends a good instructor/school for an aerobatic hour? Seeing as I can't fly solo on my licence over here at the moment I'd like to get an instructional hour in while I'm in Australia and do some spin training/aeros and use the hour to experience something other than what I'm used to....straight and level!

Thanks

try gliders should suit you, and is much cheaper in aero / spins also

That is a good shout, thank you. I did around 5 or 6 flights at a gliding club back home and loved it, I just never kept it up due to time constraints. Will look into it

Several in the area South of Rocky, Thangool, Monduran, Bundaberg, Childers, Gayndah ,but it depends upon when you will be in the area. Give me an idea of dates, I fly out of Rodds Bay, 15 SE of Gladstone.

• Like 1

If you are into going for a fly up in the cairns region it might be worth your while contacting @farri who flys out of his own strip in a drifter around Deeral which is a smidge south of cairns.

Otherwise I can't be of much help, there was a member on here flying around the Whitsundays but I can't remember his name but it would be beautiful area.

• Like 2

I am a pilot over from the UK and will be moving down the east coast over the next couple of months. Hoping to find somebody with a seat going spare Thanks

Hi, As SDQDI has said, I fly a Drifter from my own property and have done so for 30 plus years....I`ll PM you some information.

Franco.

Several in the area South of Rocky, Thangool, Monduran, Bundaberg, Childers, Gayndah ,but it depends upon when you will be in the area. Give me an idea of dates, I fly out of Rodds Bay, 15 SE of Gladstone.

Thanks for all the response guys,

Yenn, I will definately be heading down that way, I imagine in around 5/6 weeks time. Uncertain on exact dates though!