Moorabbin to Jandakot in a Sportstar

Parkway

ParkwaySounds like it would have been an awesome trip

Thanks for sharing the video

Do you have day 2 and 3?

I haven't edited the stuff from the other 2 days, I'll post here once they're done

• Like 1

I use Port Pirie instead of Port Augusta. Cheap fuel, friendly locals and a nice pilot lounge maintained by the locals. You can make tea, coffee, relax for a while and even buy a sandwich.

Did the trip from Toowoomba to Serpentine in late 2014 and 2015 in the BD-4 which easily does Ceduna - Esperance in 5 hours or so, no stops with 2.5 to 3 hours gas left.

• Like 1

Did you enjoy the hospitality at Forrest? I remember sitting on the veranda into the night drinking red. We were charged for two glasses, but I lost count of the bottles after 4.

Did almost the reverse trip earlier in the year in a Tecnam. Notham to Goulburn.

Great video Parkway, you can't beat the views from a Sporty with their all glass canopy, one of the best of the LSA aircraft...I love the whale watching up here in mine...well done on the video mate..

David

Love it - all 3 'tubes. What a trip. Well done - good footage too. Am still on low hours so plan - once xc and pax endorsements in the bag - to fly return Adelaide-Canberra. Videos like yours show how fascinating and doable it is.

Did you enjoy the hospitality at Forrest? I remember sitting on the veranda into the night drinking red. We were charged for two glasses, but I lost count of the bottles after 4. Did almost the reverse trip earlier in the year in a Tecnam. Notham to Goulburn.

We were planning on staying at Forrest but unfortunately had to press on to Kalgoorlie that day to avoid getting stuck for 4 days (strong headwinds, no fuel stops and a slow plane... )

Love it - all 3 'tubes. What a trip. Well done - good footage too. Am still on low hours so plan - once xc and pax endorsements in the bag - to fly return Adelaide-Canberra. Videos like yours show how fascinating and doable it is.

Definitely wasn't a walk in the park (I'm a low hour pilot too, guy I flew with has a CPL) I learned a hell of a lot in those 3 days!

I'm wondering if this aircraft is to replace the one "dumped" at Bunbury earlier this year?

That was my initial thought too, but no. It was originally based at Jandakot and just needed to be ferried back

This one?Light plane crash in Bunbury

Are you saying the owner walked away from the wreck, and abandoned it?

Doesn't the Bunbury council have littering laws?? Have you ever seen the fines for littering in W.A.?? 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Yep that's poor old 8397, the plane I did most of my training in :(

I think by dumped he means dropped... as in stalled.. haha I'd hate to see the fine for leaving a plane wreck in Bunbury, after seeing how much they charge just for parking lol

• Like 1