I need to get some metal parts cut. Brisbane. Ideas?

rtfm

Bylaser will have the cheapest setup cost

Setup?

My guy takes my USB, sticks it in the CNC console, does a quick dummy run, 2 minutes later the sheet is thrown on, positioned with the little red light and away. 3 to 4 minutes in total.

I do my own nesting though, that could take 2 to 10 minutes more depending on parts count and shapes.

I've got a person looking at how Aliexpress freight so cheaply, I could help out with these small things if I can get onboard their system.

I wanted to send 6 sheets of lasered aluminium a few weeks ago to Oz, average about A4 paper size and one sheet of 1mm gal to protect them from damage, $90 China Post.

Bex - Spend as much as Aliexpress does with the freight companies, and you too, will be able to negotiate Aliexpress freight rates!

Aliexpress is a distribution company for a million little companies like me, I am trying to find out how to be a part of their system. Probably have to pay a membership and % on sales/money transfer I'm guessing.

• Informative 1

I can generally find what I'm looking for, on Gumtree. Here's a selection of results from "laser cutting" in the Brisbane region.

Free local classified ads

If you look up a companys name via Google, you can usually find some reviews that give you an idea of whether the company is worth trying.