'The Secret Spitfires' Documentary screening later in 2017

Phil Perry

Looks very interesting Phil. Thank you.How did the Brits v Poles wash up?

Kaz

It seemed to me to be a bit of a daft poll anyway Kaz,. . .when you consider how many other nationals were involved,. . such as 310 Squadron. . .Czechoslovakians. . . . They certainly look like a happy bunch of blokes don't they ?

Their British Sqn. Commander is ( Alegedly ) the bloke with the pipe BTW. . .Although he is not named in this picture. . .As you can see,. . the unit flew Hurricanes.

1827690778_310_Czechoslovak_Squadron_RAF_and_their_BritishFlightcommander.jpg.185f3a5a98fa0bcc94a36d8883b257de.jpg

I've no doubt that the score of German aircraft shot down by this particular Squadron will be available on Wiki Britannica for those interested. . .

The R/T exchanges must have been interesting though,. . as English was not generally spoken in Czechoslovakia in the 1930s - 1940s . . .

I should mention here that, although I was not even a spark in my Dad's eye when all this happened,. . I am seriously thankful that these blokes pictured above decided to volunteer for service in the RAF. AND for all the other people not of English birth who did the same.

• Like 2

What a great story, and to keep this hidden for so long, is just amazing!

When I saw the thread title, Phil, I thought it was going to be another documentary on those "secret Spitfires" buried in Burma! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• Haha 1

What a great story, and to keep this hidden for so long, is just amazing!When I saw the thread title, Phil, I thought it was going to be another documentary on those "secret Spitfires" buried in Burma! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Amazing story isn't it ? . . can't wait to see the doco.

• Agree 2

Some of those girls would've make the perfect wife - cook, clean and build you plane in between. 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Yeah, but they take over your Man Cave in the garage, leaving you cohabiting with the dog again.

• Haha 1