Av map ekpiv problem

when I powered up my avionics on Sunday my av map ekpiv had changed from the horizontal to the vertical mode, and the maps had changed to a green back ground, I have gone into the setup settings and changed it back to the horizontal mode but can't find any thing to alter the map colour, also when it has an external power source should you still have batteries in it,

Keith:

Not too sure why the EKP would change orientation uncommanded. Did you change profiles? All the profiles have their own settings and everything you set up in a profile is stored as part of that profile. If you change profile, you get whatever the settings were for that profile, which I think includes screen orientation.

As for the background color of the maps, check to see if the GPS has been switched into night mode. That could also be as a result of changing profile.

WRT to having the battery in, it's probably best to leave the battery in permanently. I mount mine in a panel dock and just leave the battery in all the time.

I had the same problem with mine (panel mount) when the unit was about 7 years old. Changed the batteries in the rear of the unit with eneloop high performance batteries and had the local electronics store change the internal battery as well. Problem solved.

Yes, the EKP iV has two battery systems.

- One set for unit operation 4xAA NiMH

- And second small rechargeable button battery soldered to the circuit board which keeps the memory (i.e. user preferences and settings)

I know they default to vertical if the settings are lost. Don't know about the green background. The manual is available online I can hunt down a link if you don't have it.

I agree with Waraton -- sounds like your memory battery may be on the way out.

Thanks everyone memory battery is Rs new one coming,all I have to do now is find how to change the map back ground back to white, probably makes no difference but it's what I'm used to, read the Manuel but can't find any mention of it,