Chrissy BBQ at Goulburn

sain

Hi all,

Goulburn Aviation (the flying school at goulburn airport) is holding its annual christmas bbq at 12 noon on Saturday dec 22nd. Everybody is welcome to attend what should be a wonderful afternoon of eating, flying, and looking at the pretty aeroplanes.

Please let us know if your coming, so we can ensure we have enough food for all!

Hope to see you there!

Guest Fred Bear

If the weather is no good and y'all have nothing else to do we will be at the Jamberoo Pub staying the night Saturday. A Birthday present for me on Saturday 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif We will be organising a new house in the Southern Highlands this coming weekend too on the Saturday so we may even pop in to the field and say hello. ;)

Looks like the weather may be closing in for Saturday. Great for Goulburn, not so great for flying :(. It'll take more than that to keep me away however!

We were thinking of organising for Santa to arrive in a flying contraption of some sort or other however it seems it might have been redundant anyway.

Guest Fred Bear

Well we made it in between doing many other things today. Was a wet and wild day in Goulburn today too. Had to pull over the side of the road on the way in due to torrential rain and wind reducing visibility on the road to about 1m :ah_oh: Caught up with Dave C and JustFred. Also met for the first time Sain and Mudjeep. Was good to meet you guys! Good to see Slarti again. Jessika and Luke were reasonably behaved this time. Jessika loves puddles 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif!!! I tell you, you needed a float plane endorsement there today! Watched the gyro do its thing in the 25kt plus winds. Does its flying thing well even with that sort of wind. Checked out Ross' sexy Cheetah again. Went home the long scenic way. Dave, lost you behind us just before Marulan!!! Here are some pics (none of the airfield though 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif batteries again) 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

The road on the way in.

Somewhere in Goulburn on the way to the airfield. Glad I kept out of that one!

Guest David C

Yes it was a bit WET !!..... 13mm in 20 Mins , now that's wet .. It was good to meet up with a few new faces from the site , hi to Sain and Mudjeep . As Darren mentioned it was howling a gale , gusts to 38 Kts made flying out of the question , but who told the gyro guy :;)4:... I had you on TCAS most of the way home , it's just that the Mirage is such a stealthy machine that it "appeared " to drop behind in the race up the freeway 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif 006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif....

Dave C

Thanks to all of you for coming, and I hope you had a great christmas.

Sorry for the rather delayed thanks, but i've been visiting my folks, who live in a rather net deprived area (28k was the best i managed to get while there, and some of their neighbours would have killed to get that).

Anyway, despite the rain, and the two lakes forming around (and in) the hanger we were in, it turned out to be a pretty good afternoon. It was nice to finally meet all you guys, though i still havn't seen Ross's cheetah in the flesh.

I was feeling a little down that arvo, as I had been scheduled to fly a Nav ex in the gazelle that afternoon (fat chance). The other Ross (otherwise known about goulburn as Gyroman) took pity on me during a short break in the weather and took me up for a quick spin in one of his gyros. Holy crap those things are fun! We took off inside the length of the piano keys, and i'm not sure if the touch and gos counted (does having the tips of the grass stalks brush the wheels count as a touch?).

Actually i was a little nervous about that flight, as the winds were blowing about 25ish and gusting well above 30. The gyro seemed immune to it all though, and it was much smoother than i expected. Lots of fun anyway - if you get the chance to go for a ride in one - do it!