Panel mounted clock

Ayecapt

hi

Can anyone recommend a panel mounted flight clock? We have a common style of aviatin digital clock fitted but its starting to mis behave . Looking for somthing thats intuitive to set and use, cant say that the old one we have is easy to use . ( Astro tec LC 2 ).

hiCan anyone recommend a panel mounted flight clock? We have a common style of aviatin digital clock fitted but its starting to mis behave . Looking for somthing thats intuitive to set and use, cant say that the old one we have is easy to use . ( Astro tec LC 2 ).

Look up the GT-50. I have one in the Nynja nice unit.

• Agree 2

Thanks all that gt-50 looks to be the go.

Agree on the watch Nev. but i like to keep installed kit working well . If its fitted it needs to work , the gt-50 is considered a minor change in a type certified aeroplane so it will suit us well.

Thanks all

• Winner 1

That's fine and all if you have the space for another 2 1/4" hole, and you have the ability to cut a perfect hole cuz that's not as easy as it sounds. Also, those clocks are US$ 160.00 on Aircraft Spruce USA, plus shipping. I usually just use one of these smaller rectangular clocks, which also double as both a Voltmeter and OAT. Less than A$10 delivered ex China. I usually buy two at a time in case of failure - for the money, why wouldn't you. Below are the details, and the buying link. Car Electric Clock Vehicle Digital Timer Luminous LED Clock Thermometer Voltmeter LED Display Digital Clock Blue Green Red Light-in Volt Meters from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

219212695_ScreenShot2018-01-07at07_54_22.png.80520b1c7c4a703de9521f3069f0e901.png

Description:

Length: 40.2mm, width = 12.8mm, thick = 14mm

Display color: Blue, Green, Red

Display mode:

1. display time only

2. display temperature only

3. display only voltage

4. time temperature voltage alternating display (Note: under alternate display mode, through dd option to choose whether to display the temperature or voltage, dd:0 displays time + temperature + voltage. dd:1 displays time + voltage. dd:2 displays time + temperature)

Features:

1. Set the time, temperature, voltage, three functions in one

2. manual error correction function with a temperature setting range -5 Celsius ~ 5 Celsius

3. With backup battery, power-down time to continue to go

4. 24hours

Electrical Characteristics:

1. Input voltage 7 ~ 20V. Note that when using as a voltmeter, the input voltage is at least more than 7V.

2. Voltmeter range 7 ~ 20V, error ± 0.1V, the measured voltage is the input voltage.

3. Temperature measurement ranges from -50 to 130 Celsius

4. Working current is about 30MA.

That's fine and all if you have the space for another 2 1/4" hole, and you have the ability to cut a perfect hole cuz that's not as easy as it sounds. Also, those clocks are US$ 160.00 on Aircraft Spruce USA, plus shipping. I usually just use one of these smaller rectangular clocks, which also double as both a Voltmeter and OAT. Less than A$10 delivered ex China. I usually buy two at a time in case of failure - for the money, why wouldn't you. Below are the details, and the buying link. Car Electric Clock Vehicle Digital Timer Luminous LED Clock Thermometer Voltmeter LED Display Digital Clock Blue Green Red Light-in Volt Meters from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group[ATTACH=full]53327[/ATTACH]

Description:

Length: 40.2mm, width = 12.8mm, thick = 14mm

Display color: Blue, Green, Red

Display mode:

1. display time only

2. display temperature only

3. display only voltage

4. time temperature voltage alternating display (Note: under alternate display mode, through dd option to choose whether to display the temperature or voltage, dd:0 displays time + temperature + voltage. dd:1 displays time + voltage. dd:2 displays time + temperature)

Features:

1. Set the time, temperature, voltage, three functions in one

2. manual error correction function with a temperature setting range -5 Celsius ~ 5 Celsius

3. With backup battery, power-down time to continue to go

4. 24hours

Electrical Characteristics:

1. Input voltage 7 ~ 20V. Note that when using as a voltmeter, the input voltage is at least more than 7V.

2. Voltmeter range 7 ~ 20V, error ± 0.1V, the measured voltage is the input voltage.

3. Temperature measurement ranges from -50 to 130 Celsius

4. Working current is about 30MA.

Thanks Richard

I guess the button(s) to set the clock and select the mode are exra?

I do have access to a 3D printer so could print a 2 1/2 " plate to fit it . Worth thinking about. Thanks again

Yea, the external buttons are tiny and they are supplied with the clock as part of the purchase price. I have a special tool that I purchased which has two sides. One side punches out a perfect 3 1/8" and the other side punches out the 2 1/4" holes, plus I have a template for the mount screw holes. I'd be happy to punch out an aluminium piece for you if you want from some 1.8mm plate.

IF you use the (stop) clock for timing legs of circuits and procedures the Analog system is better (same as with an altimeter. or VSI.) A row of changing numbers doesn't convey the extra information of rate of closure and distance to the desired level that analog does. Nev