Read this and weep

red750

How does a yank, with no brains, take credit for something that is nothing to do with him, oh well, as they say, only in america...lol. This is Australia, we do better...lol

How does a yank, with no brains, take credit for something that is nothing to do with him, oh well, as they say, only in america...lol. This is Australia, we do better...lol

Have you listened to any of our pollies lately? (Like in the last decade or ten!)

They are always taking credit for their predecessors good outcomes and always blaming their predecessors for things that are going wrong. It is so childish that it is depressing.

• Agree 3
  • Haha 1

Have you listened to any of our pollies lately? (Like in the last decade or ten!)They are always taking credit for their predecessors good outcomes and always blaming their predecessors for things that are going wrong. It is so childish that it is depressing.

I try not to listen to then, my Bul..it factor is very low and, if I was to listen to any of them, I would be swamped with garbage and taking anti depressants constantly. And, no, I dont know what the alternative is.

• Agree 2

An old mate described the situation perfectly to me many years ago. "What we have is a major surplus of politicians, and a severe shortage of statesmen and stateswomen".

The former have no leadership skills or ability and are permanently engaged in promoting their party and its aims. They produce no visionary plans and make decisions based only on how those decisions affect the re-electability of themselves and their party. Their constituents views and opinions do not even come into their decision-making.

Statesmen and stateswomen on the other hand, have long-term vision and produce long-term plans accordingly, that benefit the nation and their constituents.

They have leadership skills and ability, and have those unique talents - the same as good business leaders and senior managers - to weld a wide range of people into working towards and attaining a goal, that benefits everyone in the long-term.

They make hard decisions that they know will be temporarily unpopular, for the long-term common good.

Trump is a rampant agitator, a $**t-stirrer of the highest order. He doesn't lead by example or by ability, he merely constantly agitates smooth-working arenas, because he hates to see operations running smoothly.

He only sees constant turmoil as the best state. He delights in upsetting the status quo and good relationships, because he's basically an arrogant overweening sociopath with no empathy, and he delights in mischief-making.

He's the type who reduces morale in any operation, and he loves twisting facts, until the reverse of the actual situation, is what he believes is true.

I've worked (for a very short time) for a supervisor who was exactly the same breed. He delighted in constant agitation and reversing the facts of a situation, until errors on his part were identified as errors on the other persons part.

These people are anathema to any kind of peaceful workings of sizeable groups of people. They obtain glee from pitting people one against the other. Trump will leave America in the greatest turmoil and agitation in 100 years, and he will relish it.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

An old mate described the situation perfectly to me many years ago. "What we have is a major surplus of politicians, and a severe shortage of statesmen and stateswomen".The former have no leadership skills or ability and are permanently engaged in promoting their party and its aims. They produce no visionary plans and make decisions based only on how those decisions affect the re-electability of themselves and their party. Their constituents views and opinions do not even come into their decision-making.

Statesmen and stateswomen on the other hand, have long-term vision and produce long-term plans accordingly, that benefit the nation and their constituents.

They have leadership skills and ability, and have those unique talents - the same as good business leaders and senior managers - to weld a wide range of people into working towards and attaining a goal, that benefits everyone in the long-term.

They make hard decisions that they know will be temporarily unpopular, for the long-term common good.

Trump is a rampant agitator, a $**t-stirrer of the highest order. He doesn't lead by example or by ability, he merely constantly agitates smooth-working arenas, because he hates to see operations running smoothly.

He only sees constant turmoil as the best state. He delights in upsetting the status quo and good relationships, because he's basically an arrogant overweening sociopath with no empathy, and he delights in mischief-making.

He's the type who reduces morale in any operation, and he loves twisting facts, until the reverse of the actual situation, is what he believes is true.

I've worked (for a very short time) for a supervisor who was exactly the same breed. He delighted in constant agitation and reversing the facts of a situation, until errors on his part were identified as errors on the other persons part.

These people are anathema to any kind of peaceful workings of sizeable groups of people. They obtain glee from pitting people one against the other. Trump will leave America in the greatest turmoil and agitation in 100 years, and he will relish it.

Well said. Sociopaths are the worst bosses: they'e permanently unreasonable and difficult to work with and work for.

• 4 months later...

Well said onetrack I can agree with nearly all of your comments except that you left out the most important part , and that would be that you just described the standard american way of business and government, they don,t even look after their own people let alone others eh.