Helmets in Foxbat/Savannah or similar.

Read it.

The weights have certainly come down.

Interesting that they identified a head tolerance of 300-400 G without skull fracture or concussion (and people survive both, so could take more), yet the Gentex flight helmet I found only had a capacity of 175 G (Head-form not identified), and the Snell EA2016 (Elite Sports) capacity is only 275>243 G.

Maybe the are designed to fracture at that point to provide some additional controlled deceleration. I've seen several fractures where the driver was uninjured.

• Winner 1

Read it.The weights have certainly come down.

Interesting that they identified a head tolerance of 300-400 G without skull fracture or concussion (and people survive both, so could take more), yet the Gentex flight helmet I found only had a capacity of 175 G (Head-form not identified), and the Snell EA2016 (Elite Sports) capacity is only 275>243 G.

Maybe the are designed to fracture at that point to provide some additional controlled deceleration. I've seen several fractures where the driver was uninjured.

Hard for me to know how to interpret those figures. If a helmet fractures, the fracturing and collapse will absorb some of the energy and give the head more distance to decelerate. If it fractures early, not so good. I anticipate getting an MSA LH250. A 050 might be more practicable for limited headroom, but does not look as good. It's a question of priorities.

As a side note, there is the EVO helmet. It has great advertising but as far as I can tell, it does not have much industrial might behind it.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they work but poorly, and sometimes not at all, depending on your radio/comms setup. Usually heli helmets have low impedance phones of 8 ohms and a normal GA headset has about 300 ohms). Some systems have dynamic mics that need power to drive them.I have put 300 ohm GA speakers, a GA lead with two plugs and a high noise electret mic in my Alpha.

When I was flying helicopters I initially had a helmet ( ex-military disposal but don't recall the brand - old heavy and horrible) -needed to replace the mic but the phones were OK. Then got a gentex sph-5 and didn't need to replace anything. When I used it in a few fixed wing situations I got an adapter to convert the NATO plug ( single plug) to the typical two plug system for the GA fixed wings. And it worked fine there too.

Oddly my David Clark headset with NATO plug wouldn't ever work properly in the Robbie but worked fine in B206.

I also bought a small device to plug my phone to work through the headsets and it would not work in the Robbie but worked fine with the same headsets or helmet in a fixed wing.

Seems you can get lots of complex negative interactions.