Recreational Flying Headset - How Good Are They?

Looking to retire my  old well used David Clark headset and get a new one. So how are the Rec headsets at $149.00 as I see on Clear Prop for sale. They are damm cheaper then another set of DC's.

Any guys using them, and what do you think of them please?

I've owned several of these head sets.  In short they are good value for money, and the warranty excellent.  However they are at the lower end of the market, and are no comparison to a Bose or Lightspeed Zulu set for comfort and clarity.  Recognising the latter two cost $1000 more than the Rec Flying ones.  If you're used to a high end brand, you won't like these ones.  If you are on a limited budget they are excellent value for money.

I have two of them in my old tin box (CH701) I don’t have experience of ‘high end ones’ but am completely happy with these. Can surely hear the difference if I switch the ANC off. Hope that helps.

I've had a pair of them in my Brumby 610 since Feb 2015, and this aircraft is used only for training - 600 hrs so far. Have not had a single major problem with them. The mic boom locking nut tends to loosen off sometimes, but perhaps that's in part due to them being bumped as they are always hung on a purpose built hook above and behind the seats. The Brumby is a reasonably low-medium noise environment, but I've had no problems with in flight instruction. One thing I have done is fit cloth earmuff covers over them to lessen the 'wet ear' syndrome. Good idea to have some of these made up Ian, and sell them with the headsets.

happy days,