Date location

Maybe it's just me but it irks me that the date for each post in a thread is at the bottom of the post. That means it's location varies. Would it be easy to locate the date at the beginning of the thread? For instance this is another forum I am on:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150558.0.html

Food for thought?

Maybe it's just me but it irks me that the date for each post in a thread is at the bottom of the post. That means it's location varies. Would it be easy to locate the date at the beginning of the thread? For instance this is another forum I am on:I have now tried Virtual Reality and it is amazing

Food for thought?

I'm with you on that comment Danny. Az a nold fula aaa lyke ta kipit simpul.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The format of the forum that you have linked to has 4 lines for every post including 1 line that is simply a duplicate of the thread title in every post.That type of format takes up valuable real estate in every post especially on mobiles in my humble opinion. The way it is here is more efficient especially in loading every page of posts that a user calls up as it contains the user's name, post date/time and links all on the one line also making it easier for users to have everything in the one spot. I have never been asked for this before so unless many other users want the same then at this stage it may be best to leave it as it is so as not to rock the boat with all the other users

No worries. The only part of the example I was pointing to was that the date was at the top of each post, rather than the bottom. Moving the date wouldn’t mean more info. But I understand that different forum engines have different formats and it might not even be possible here. No biggie either way :-)