Radio replacement

tillmanr

There are a number radio brands with  "760" in the name/model & they all look very similar from the front. Xcom make one. Icom make a HF radio with 760 in the model name. The 760 represents the number of channels for voice transmissions from 118 MHz to 136.975 MHz  at 25 kHz intervals. In Europe they are changing to 8.33 kHz spacing potentially allowing  2280 channels. Even so with 760 potential channels available one wonders why so few are allocated to CTAF & why several aerodromes in a small geographic area are all allocated the same CTAF frequency.

Im lucky in that ive had the Microair 760 in my Jabiru last 5 years and no issues so far.

There is difficulty however reading the display in bright light.

Last Signal check with Centre on a recent cross country was readabilty 5.

I understand the Microair Factory at Bundaberg no longer sells or support these Radios so if/when it fails I will probably go for the Trig equivalent.

Im lucky in that ive had the Microair 760 in my Jabiru last 5 years and no issues so far.

There is difficulty however reading the display in bright light.

Last Signal check with Centre on a recent cross country was readabilty 5.

I understand the Microair Factory at Bundaberg no longer sells or support these Radios so if/when it fails I will probably go for the Trig equivalent.

Microair is the manufacturer of the M760. They are still for sale new on Skyshop & at Ians Clear Prop store on this site. Mine works great. I did have problems when installing due to poor wiring but I resolved that. I think support from Microair is pretty much non existent. I remember when I installed mine I wanted a power filter as per the manual, rang them & they didn't have any & had no idea where I could get one. Eventually I got one on line from China.