Flight training in Canberra

Guest airsick

Guest airsick

Does anyone know of a private instructor with their own aircraft in Canberra? Alternatively, an instructor and an aircraft (even a private one) that I can hire to do training in. I am looking to do some more training but I am sick of calling Brindabella only to find out that there aircraft are booked solid for weeks ahead and it can be a month or so before I can get in there. Even then you are lucky to get a slot on the weekend.

Training I would like is NVFR and PIFR.

Cheers.

PS. I have also posted this on the AustFlying website but it is still pretty quiet over there so I figured I would post it here too. Please don't flame me!

:)

Guest airsick

Camden sounds good. Who is the chief? And who would you recommend as far as instructors/schools?

Goulburn has the same problem as Canberra. Teraya seems to be booked solid for weeks at a time.

At camden there are a couple of schools that would do ya...But i was talking about gostner aviation..The chieff is David Maddock..he's an old school type of guy..They have 2 jabiru's (1 ga,1 raa) a piper cherokee, a twin engine partnavia and a piper seneca11..Also a simulator.. I know that the ifr course they do uses simulator aswell as airtime...he could do all the endorsements your after, and im sure he could do them in a few days if thats what you required, oh, and ya can stay at his place and eat his wifes lovely phillopeno cooking...mmmmmm

Gostner : 0246558455

David : 0414788105

Cheers;);)

I recently joined the Canberra Aero Club. I'm pretty sure their conditions of hire for MUW are that it can be used for training except for ab-initio. As far as I know it is NVFR rated. Have a look on the website, give them a call or come down to the airport on Saturday if you have time. They are doing a whole heap of renewals on a few different aircraft so they will have an independent ATO present. You can have a chat with someone to answer your questions. he other option is to go to Moruya for the NVFR. As for the PIFR .... don't know.

Bob

Guest airsick

Thanks all for your replies, I will follow up on them (I might even see you down at the airport on Saturday Bob :)).

Bob raised a point on the 'other' forum. I originally posted the thread here because the 'other' forum is still pretty quiet. Perhaps every on 'this' side can post their replies on the 'other' side and help liven up the new site? It is probably are more appropriate place to discuss this anyway and might help Ian get it all going a little quicker.

I originally posted the thread here because the 'other' forum is still pretty quiet. Perhaps every on 'this' side can post their replies on the 'other' side and help liven up the new site? It is probably are more appropriate place to discuss this anyway and might help Ian get it all going a little quicker.

I am hoping to confirm soon that the new site will be supported by:

1. the Australian Flying Magazine - just waiting for their web developer to come back from holidays to discuss some kind of integration

2. AOPA - hoping to get Board approval

I will then create a forum within the new site for each of these identities plus subscription and membership links to both of them.

With the new site supported by both of them then I expect a lot of traffic coming into the new site so posting there at the moment will only help to show any new comers how great the site is.

The Oaks is another option...

Slightly south of Camden is The Oaks. We have one member who comes up from Canberra, for exactly the reasons you give.

The two schools, Dave Rolfe and Sydney Recreational Flying Club, do training and hire to members. Dave has (from memory) a Lightwing and a Jabiru. Sydney Rec has a Lightwing and taking delivery of an A22 Foxbat in a few weeks time.

More details on Sydney Recreational at http://www.srfc.org.au and Dave Rolfe is listed on the RAA schools list.

Tumut and Moruya are other possibilities.

Cheers

Jamie