The American Diesel Plane That Could Bring Private Flight to China

Gnarly Gnu

"If you’re the kind of person that tends to notice these things, a fair weather weekend stroll in any Chinese city or town lacks a distinct sound: the buzzing of light propeller aircraft in the sky. Outside the commercial and military realms, aviation is strictly limited, and private citizens who just want to take to the air have few options. That’s problematic, since booming growth in the country’s airline industry has generated a need for pilots, and it’s easier to recruit when you’ve got a population of men and women who already know how to fly.

Perhaps the biggest issue is that the majority of Chinese airspace is controlled by the military, and thus hard to access. Any fix on that front would come from the government (and rumor has it an overhaul is in the works), but a new plane from American-Chinese company Mooney could help address the other problems that are holding back Chinese aviation....."

I wish they would re-route the flight circuit of light aircraft away from my city, the "buzzing" gets annoying some days and considering all the available open countryside locally, there's no reason for them to be flying over populated area.

From 2015 airspace under 3000 meters will be open and free of military constaints throughout many parts of China.

I wish they would re-route the flight circuit of light aircraft away from my city, the "buzzing" gets annoying some days and considering all the available open countryside locally, there's no reason for them to be flying over populated area.From 2015 airspace under 3000 meters will be open and free of military constaints throughout many parts of China.

Counting down.... four weeks to go....