"Why Planes Crash" By David Soucie

I just listened to "Why Planes Crash" by David Soucie, on Audible. The book claims to be the true of David Soucie, an FAA investigator who made air travel safer. Mr Soucie has gone on to be an aviation expert repeatedly interviewed by CNN and others.To say the least, the book said a lot of things that I just did not understand. I emailed the publisher (Skyhorse Publishing) and they said that mine was the first such message that they had received and that the book was published in 2011. That is to say, they did not believe me and/or care. So, I thought I would crowd source it. Happy listening. 

A lot of things have to keep going right for a plane not to  crash. The more complex it is, the more bit's have to be right,  but redundancy is  a life saver on many occasions and humans have saved a plane that in theory should have crashed.  Alternatively they have managed to crash perfectly good planes by being spectacularly stupid at times, but usually don't do it deliberately. It's nice to be well trained.. A good place to start from. If you are sitting up the front, you shouldn't be a passenger. Nev