Old accident from 2015

Guest deanfi

Yes, account for everything that may be dropped inside a plane of that nature. (Holes in the floor and aerobatic). A good friend of mine died because of a penny jammed in the controls of a Chipmunk. It's not known how long it had been there. Nev

I can remember a story from many many years ago, about a child being taken for a first joy ride, who stood up to see his house from the air, and got his small foot jammed in the control linkages.

The pilot was apparently totally unaware of the source of the jamming, and the aircraft crashed, resulting in fatalities.

A local Decathlon recently had its ailerons jammed by the clip from a Bose headset. Pilot managed to fly it to the airport and fortunately it unjammed on final approach. Holes in the floor of a Decathlon so easy for pens, phones etc to get to where they can jam the ailerons or elevator.

That plane actually survived that "ARRIVAL" quite well in the struts and wing department as well as all bar the lower front of the fuselage. She will fly again no doubt.. Restores my faith in them somewhat. Not a bad jigger to own. I admit to a slight bias, but you definately could do worse. Nev