CASA Avmed

derekliston

Just another gripe about CASA you May well say, but I need to express my annoyance somewhere and trying to tell CASA about it is a waste of breath.

Story goes, 5+ yrs ago  I had a heart attack and as a result CASA decided that I needed to have an annual class 2 medical + stress echo-cardiogram! Ok I thought, at least they are letting me fly, so every year since then I have complied with their requirements including a ridiculous oral glucose tolerance test and I have been recertified without a problem. This year, I don’t know what is different, I have done exactly the same things as the previous 4yrs but for some reason it has not satisfied them, they keep asking for more information, which I give them, but apparently every time I send more info, my application goes to the back of the queue. My medical was in August, so by the time they finally clear me to fly, I will have lost 3 months of my year since they will only give me 12 months from the date of my medical. I cannot tell you how much this shits me, my DAME and my cardiologist would both happily sign me off but it seems that CASA’s doctor, who has never met me, knows better than all of them! Yes, I know I could transfer to RAAus, but I shouldn’t have to. The whole of CASA need to be sacked and the whole department rejigged. I have only commented on the pilot side of things, I could write twice as much about the hassles of being a LAME dealing with that organisation. Sorry, rant over, does no good but makes me feel better!

• Agree 3

I'm not surprised at that. A stress ECG can do damage and is no guarantee you won't die  before the next one. They are not able to be  challenged . I know of people in the past who have tried to make an argument  and have been listed as psychologically unsuitable for dissenting with them. We have gotten nowhere in the last 20 or so years, it seems. Nev