Hoping For An Accident Free Festive Season!

farri

I was just thinking the same thing.

The weather hasn't been conducive to outdoor activities round here so there has been a lot of resting and renovating - the nail and paint kind not the spiritual kind.

I took my kids ice skating because it was so hot and smoky. On the ice, we witnessed a pretty nasty and avoidable collision that led to a visit from the ambos. It gave me pause for thought.

People who would travel over the holidays are staying home due to the weather and road closures.

Likewise for the flying, sadly. Its more hot and bumpy than ever plus the smoke haze reduces visibility. This happens in the afternoon or just after dark.

I got a bit glum for a bit then I realised rather than stay home and hibernate I need to keep my hope alive, to hope for the best but plan for the worst and stay alert. At home and out travelling.

Seasons greetings to you Farri!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I went for a great solo fly again this afternoon and once again got back on the ground, put the Drifter away and walked away without a scratch! I`ve never been scratched flying Ultralights in all the years I`ve been flying.

A couple of weeks ago a beautiful 16 year old young lady from our local area and her boyfriend were  driving home at around 7.30 PM when a 17 year old guy in his vehicle crashed into them head on and killed both of them instantly! the 17 year old survived. 

I took both the mother and father of this young lady, flying in the Drifter, before she was born! 

Franco.

That's a dreadful thing to happen. Always possible any time you are on the road . I've always said, when you prepare and fly your own plane , you have more direct control in how safe it is (or isn't) than any other form of transport. It's up to you, pretty much . Nev

• Agree 2

I went for a great solo fly again this afternoon and once again got back on the ground, put the Drifter away and walked away without a scratch! I`ve never been scratched flying Ultralights in all the years I`ve been flying.

A couple of weeks ago a beautiful 16 year old young lady from our local area and her boyfriend were  driving home at around 7.30 PM when a 17 year old guy in his vehicle crashed into them head on and killed both of them instantly! the 17 year old survived. 

I took both the mother and father of this young lady, flying in the Drifter, before she was born! 

Franco.

That is terrible and tragic - condolences to their family and friends.

And thoughts to the 17 year old - no doubt scarred for life; He (or she) may have been careless, showing off or something esle; at that age - often with a less than fully developed frontal cortex, their (and we may say, our) perception of risk is a lot different to someone more mature.

That is terrible and tragic - condolences to their family and friends. And thoughts to the 17 year old - no doubt scarred for life; He (or she) may have been careless, showing off or something esle; at that age - often with a less than fully developed frontal cortex, their (and we may say, our) perception of risk is a lot different to someone more mature.

Yes! it is terrible and tragic! no winners there!!! The 17 year old had to be placed on suicide watch and what`s worse is that it continues to happen to someone, somewhere, throughout the country. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHhiUv9hX-o

Franco.