Second Hand Avionics?

I know this should be in "Classifieds", but is that up and running yet?  My question, has anyone (in Australia) got a second hand working/in good condition, Garmin 295 or any other relatively small Garmin system they might want to sell? A 295 would fit the panel I have nicely without serious modifications. Yes I have an i-Pad mini, but even that will take up a lot of panel space......    

Edited by F10

1 hour ago, F10 said:

I know this should be in "Classifieds", but is that up and running yet?  My question, has anyone (in Australia) got a second hand working/in good condition, Garmin 295 or any other relatively small Garmin system they might want to sell? A 295 would fit the panel I have nicely without serious modifications. Yes I have an i-Pad mini, but even that will take up a lot of panel space......    

Hi F10  This is how I mounted my Mio gps when I had a skyfox leaves the panel as is.  Also was the windscreen info of any help.  Cheers.

P1040592.JPG

P1040616.JPG

• Like 1

F10 - I have a virtually unused in-the-box Garmin something at the hangar - I'll go get it tomorrow and report back. Off hand, I have no idea what it is, if it's not a 295, it'll be damn close to that.

On 18/05/2021 at 2:27 PM, Blueadventures said:

Hi F10  This is how I mounted my Mio gps when I had a skyfox leaves the panel as is.  Also was the windscreen info of any help.  Cheers.

Thanks! good idea, the iPad mini might fit up there too....will have a look.

Yes, it seems I might buy some Lexan and give it a go. Seems Lexan can handle a bit of bending quite well. Saving it for when winter kicks in and keeps us pretty much AOG here in Gippsland.

6 minutes ago, 440032 said:

F10 - I have a virtually unused in-the-box Garmin something at the hangar - I'll go get it tomorrow and report back. Off hand, I have no idea what it is, if it's not a 295, it'll be damn close to that.

Ok! tell me what it is. Even a black and white one will be ok for everyday use. Any longer trips and will probably take the iPad strapped it to my kneeboard.