Ultralight Helicopter

it's definitely pretty critical .Apart from autorotating difficulties it has limited hover capability. (maybe they are linked) That must get worse at higher density altitudes and operating weight and test skill levels in a general sense. Nev

• Like 1

There was a guy at our airport who probably had the very best thing to say about these light helicopters that I have ever heard.

"Have you ever been to a vintage helicopter meeting ?"  Ahh, NO

Even all the ones at Oshkosh turn up on trailers in the ultralight area

• Like 1

The "mustering" fellows rewrite the rules They must have the reflexes of a champion ping pong player. When you do critical things all day long you get good but possibly complacent or tired too. Nev

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Thruster88 said:

I thought it was a ringer from the top end.

Yeah. I think FR were going to stop selling R22’s to Oz because we kept pranging them. Though, yer gotta wonder were it the pilot skills of the “ringer” that caused a crash, or the low level flying into power lines etc that would have happened if the same muster were done in a fixed wing ?  ...then there were them VDO problems.

I mentioned the FR comment in post #174 over at prune a few years back. I recalls seeing the FR comment last time I looked in the back of an R22 flight Manual back in the late 80’s, maybe early 90’s, though have not been able to find a google reference to it.

https://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/102183-fixed-wing-rotary-career-incl-changing-licence-rotary-9.html

Edited by Flying Binghi