Clock comments

Guest Rufus

Guest Rufus

Ian,

Is my clock wrong??

It must be, my screen say's "up late, aren't we " & I make it 11.00 a.m.

Is it possible to reset the clock ??

Roger :confused:

It is probably your Time Zone settings that are set incorrectly

1. click "User CP" on the main forum menu

2. click "Edit Options" on the left of the page that opens up

3. 3/4 down the page are your "Time Zone" settings - check they are right for your location

Please let me know if this is the problem - thanks!

Guest palexxxx

G'day Ian,

I sent you a message about incorrect clock time 3 days ago. On your CP page. My clock is still one hour out.

I've checked my time setting in "Edit Options" and it is on GMT+10 but at the bottom of the page it is still showing GMT+11

I just had a look at your settings palexxxx that you had set for yourself and you had the DST settings incorrectly set at DST always on. I changed it to "Automatically detect DST settings" for you so your time should be right now.

Oh, also I will be getting to my emails soon - sorry for the delay!

Guest palexxxx

Ian,

Thanks for fixing that up, but, what a stupid setting to have. "DST settings always on" where would you ever have permanent daylight savings. I don't know how that happened.

Some in Qld want it. My opinion is if you want daylight saving, talk to the boss and start an hour earlier. I did that for years, with several different bosses.

Guest airsick

I am with Yenn, I always start early so I can knock while the sun still shines. And it stops the curtains fading too. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Daylight saving.

Yens way is the only way to get more out of daylight,there is no way to save it as it can`t be stored or extended,when are the geniuses who implement it going to see that.

Frank. :hittinghead:

I've gotten the distinct impression that the comments have been based on GMT time zone.

Hi Glen.

That would be because yours was set to GMT. I have fixed it.

Everyone has a timezone option in their User Control Panel. If the times don't look right, click on the User CP on the second row of links under the banner at the top, and in the "Setting & Options" section on the left, click on "Edit Options". You will see a date and time section where you can set your timezone.

Cheers,

Ross