China plane crash

If People are intent on suicide, no one worries about limits. But the plane would have to be forced into such a high speed dive as there's lots of trim change. Maybe there was a struggle going on. Quite likely I would say. The Malaysian one was similar. Mentally disturbed pilot and pre planned.  Nev

• Informative 1

I truly doubt about the vertical dive....  20,000 ft in under 2 mins is not a vertical dive, but it is believable. Gosh they are well-designed planes. That's a vertical speed of 100 knots.

I think that they had to change the airbrake rule on gliders from a vertical dive to a 45 degree dive. Now 45 degrees sure feels like vertical, but it would be a lot less likely to cause flutter. Wheels down are draggy and stronger, but their doors would rip off too.

Even if you had the plane in a dirty configuration, would not the flaps rip off first?   My Jabiru has 85 knots max flap speed, and I sure could exceed this in a dive.

In  Neither controlled emergency descent do you exceed any limits. If you are committing suicide I don't think it would matter to the Pilot. It's likely they wouldn't even pull the power off..  Getting down safely is not a consideration.  Nev

• Agree 1