Great planes 1835cc engine

Shoza

Just asking if these engines are still have resale value .

I bought one recently should i sell it or just convert back to a car engine  for a project i have .

I already have an 1835 motor in my Termite and don’t need all the electrical stuff like start motor and alternator as it would add too much weight up front 

The company name is actually Great Plains. They appear to be still in business, and their website is still functional. However, the VW aircraft conversion engines only have a limited level of supporters.

If you try to sell it as an aircraft engine, the number of potential buyers is extremely small. If you sell it as a car engine, there's a bigger number of potential buyers.

If you install it in your own car project, that's possibly the best way to use it and get maximum value from it.

The value of the engine is highly dependent on whether it actually runs, the amount of life it has left in it, the amount of time it has been in storage, and how it has been stored. 

"Ran when last parked up" is not a good sales line - particularly when "last time" is a vague number of years ago. Engines deteriorate rapidly when not being run, unless extensive storage protection has been applied.

http://www.enginehistory.org/Piston/HOAE/GreatPlains.html

Edited by onetrack
  • Helpful 1

Thanks for reply , definitely think convert back to car engine as it would make a nice motor as it already had the block machined out and bigger cylinders with electronic ignition.  

• Like 1