Reading List

I wonder if there is a reading list for starters (and further learning of course)?

Areas cover:

- Aerodynamics

- Meteorology

- Airplane mechanics

- Maintenance

- Regulations

- Communication and navigation

- anything else?

I've read a couple of books including Mike Busch's Engines and Airplane Ownership 1. I really find it's necessary to read more.

26 minutes ago, facthunter said:

If you want to start Training check with a good school. If you want a bit of idea what its at, read "Fate is the Hunter".  Nev

Thanks. I will read it. Just to be sure, you mean the book, not the movie, right?

Have a look in the Resources Section on this website.  

There used to be a very comprehensive set of tutorial notes by John (?) on the old website. Can't recall his name now. Don't know what happened to them. 

1. Very informative free handbooks from the FAA at https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation especially the Airplane Flying Handbook, Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge and Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators.

2. Try the online courses at USA’s AOPA - register for free and take the free course e.g. https://www.aopa.org/training-and-safety/online-learning/online-courses/essential-aerodynamics

• Informative 1

Yes, the link above is from that series, located in the sidebar menu: "Resources >> Tutorials".

Section 6.3 seemed a likely candidate for "anything else"; key information which may not get its due in the PPL subjects listed in the original post.