North BNE - Social Flying

Just wondering if fellow aviators find it hard to fill the Copilot/passenger seats in their recreational flying. 

I have been flying for some time and struggled to find a good social group and networking. May be a reflection on myself but I have heard aviation can sometimes be a solo adventure. Just wondering how others find it?

Edited by FlyAdventure
Accidental submission before omelet’s complete

That’s one of the reasons I gave in and sold my 182, it was a big single seater with a thirst for Avgas, I loved taking people flying. My kids got demanding jobs, friends always had something on during weekends.

the few I took loved it and it gives you a sense of pride to conduct a flight well with someone to witness it.

Sorry to hear that Clinton the 182 would have been an awesome plane to own. It is 100x better when you can share the experience or even just have someone to chat to on the trips. I love doing visits so small SEQ towns but it’s a bit slow when it’s just yourself. 

IF you have a plane like that you are either very well off or you have to have work for it, as they just swallow money. You also cannot fly a single in crook  weather safely so weather may extend your time away . Drive or fly in the BIG tube things.  I've done very little flying with only me in the plane. It doesn't bother me particularly but normally I've had some reason to fly.  Nev

• Informative 1

8 hours ago, spacesailor said:

THIS SITE .

Has or did have a '' bums on seats '' ,  actually , ''  Trips/Events/Seats  '' .

I have tried to get someone ' like you need ' to Fly Me on a joy-flight .

No luck from the other side of your need .

spacesailor

Yea, “bums on seats” does sound like a good thread and idea. Also so many people that used to but can’t fly for what ever reason or even sharing the cost of longer trip with a fellow pilot just to get out to places you wouldn’t normally go to would be awesome. I guess the challenge is possibly just building the connections with people and making sure that people don’t just flake out on trips.

'' and making sure that people don’t just flake out on trips. ''

IF

I and others of my age passed away , while ' Half way to heaven ' .It would be a dream fulfilled .

Big snag would be the unloading of your aircraft .

Perhaps a remote harness in an open cockpit , then invert. ' goodbye dear chap ' & happy landing . LoL

spacesailor

• Haha 1