Again I need your help for Arthur Butler Aviation Museum

Arthur Butler Aviation Museum Inc has been created to preserve the history of Arthur Butler and the airline that was the rival of that chap's from Hamilton in Victoria. That's why it is conducting an air rally on 20 May next. Profits coming from entrant fees will help fund the initial steps towards the preservation of memorabilia and publication of the history.

For a multitude of reasons, pilots will not be able to attend the event due to distance, unserviceability of aircraft or prior commitments. However, I am thinking of a way these people could support the museum. Several sponsors have provided small aviation-related items to the museums for use as contest prizes. What I am thinking is to run a guessing competition with those items as the prizes. 

I have:

1. A training package provided by PilotTrain https://www.pilottrain.com.au/
  2. An aircraft tie-down kit supplied by Aerokits Australia 
  3. Instrument panel sunscreen supplied by Swish Projects

I can set up an online form, like the one Angel Flight is using to sell its Art Union tickets, so that people can purchase an entry in the guessing competition and pay for them by bank transfer.

Question is, at $5.00 per ticket (3 for $10) would people enter the guessing competition? Please provide me with some feedback.

Also, would  those who intend to enter the Arthur Butler Trophy event please contact me in the next week at [email protected] to be sent the entry form and information package.

3 hours ago, onetrack said:

follow the NSW Raffle Regulations

Thanks for looking that up for me. Checked and we are OK to go as the prize pool is below the prescribed value. 

• Like 1

Easy decision for me to support the cause.

I have visited various aviation related museums and always enjoyed the experience and they have always exceeded my expectations for what can be achieved by usually a small bunch of motivated volunteers.

I wish the ABAM every success !

• Agree 1

Same here. 

9 minutes ago, Carbon Canary said:

Easy decision for me to support the cause.

I have visited various aviation related museums and always enjoyed the experience and they have always exceeded my expectations for what can be achieved by usually a small bunch of motivated volunteers.   I wish the ABAM every success !

Same here.  Maybe a direct donation facility would be simpler and mean less work for the over-stretched organiser at this point.

HARS is world standard and quite remarkable in any context.. The aerodrome there is where I first got airborne in anything. A early C-172 in which I did most of the flying . When I entered cloud the Instructor said "we are not permitted to fly in clouds" so I just turned around and flew back out of it. I had NO idea. They were not continuous, probably about 6 octas at around 3.000".. I'd flown and built a lot of models for about 10 years.. Looking back on it seems a bit funny. It's a long long time ago and a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then. I had no idea of doing it for a living. That would be like flying to the moon.   Nev

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

13 hours ago, Garfly said:

Same here. 

Same here.  Maybe a direct donation facility would be simpler and mean less work for the over-stretched organiser at this point.

Thanks for that recognition. When an organisation like the Museum seeks to raise money by running a raffle, guessing competition Art Union and the like, I think that it is commonly held by the people who outlay money to enter have little expectation of winning and consider that winning any of the offered prizes is a remote possibility, making the outlay really a donation. But for the organization, offering a prize removes the feeling that it is going through the streets with a begging bowl crying, "baksheesh".

Fortunately modern technology makes it easy to set up a means to gather entries digitally. That is something that I have to set in motion.

On the other hand, if anyone would indeed simply like to make a donation, PM me and I will give you the details for a money transfer. At this stage the Museum is not registered for donations to be tax deductable.

• Informative 1