Sport Pilot

In fairness to the starter of this thread (and I was a little dismissive, sorry ….), the thread drift where the discussion has arrived at re different types, systems and variants of unit of measurement, highlights that standardisation is indeed needed globally. 

We actually need those like Old Koreelah to call out that standardisation is necessary to avoid confusion and make our lives easier! So I do stand correct mate. In saying that, yes, SportPilot may want to reconsider their choices in future, but I still reckon SportPilot is still a great read. 

• Like 3

On 29/08/2023 at 11:54 AM, facthunter said:

There's a metric thread called ISO if I remember correctly, used on Japanese Motorcycles. The Imp and US cycle threads. Whit and NF form and 26/20 tpi and 24/20 tpi respectively. That gives you the fine and coarse threads for various purposes. You'll also come across BSF whit  on Brit  bikes.and  NF  UNC on US bikes . Nev

Japanese bikes use JIS

Japanese industry standard.

just slightly different - most notably in the smaller screws. best example is the front brake master cylinder.
which is why they almost always strip out when people do their own services - without the JIS screwdrivers.

Edited by spenaroo
  • Informative 3